Job Vacancies at Wasoko,
Job Vacancies at Wasoko
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services that were previously unavailable. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Demand Planning Manager
About The Role
The role of the DP manager will mainly focus on providing an accurate demand plan to guide the Business. This position will work directly with OPS, on the operational demand plan by Sku/Brand/Category/Class/Sub-Class in order to align with the company strategy. The role will directly support the Sales & Operations Planning process through the weekly and monthly Demand Planning Meetings. They will work cross functionally with Marketing, Sales, Finance and Procurement to help achieve high forecast accuracy. Providing aggregate and monthly Forecasts that will drive the Supply Chain to meet Sales and Customer Service objectives.
To succeed in this role you must have:
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong knowledge of demand planning process in FMCG
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detailed oriented and extreme accuracy
- Ability to Multitask, managing several projects at once
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Team Building
- Develop the operations forecast for multiple time horizons. Provide guidance to demand planners, in data analysis, to identify forecast adjustments.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data and evaluate forecast variances versus actual demand. Provide corrective actions.
- Monitor key forecast metrics with the objective to continuously reduce forecast error.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and then refine the forecast to reflect updated Sales and Marketing assumptions.
- Interact with Sales and Marketing to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Customer Service to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand inputs into the operations forecast.
- Liaison to the Finance Department in updating the Long Range Plan (LRP) assumptions.
- Continuous improvement for demand planning processes and systems.
- Report Key KPI’s and root cause/create plan of action at the SKU level
- 5+ years experience in Demand Planning/Forecasting preferred
- Knowledge of forecasting softwares and SAP systems preferred or other ERP system.
- Proficient in PC skills, especially MS Office, Excel is a must.
- Familiarity with FMCG, especially commodities, perishable products products and key classes of general trade across EAC
We are looking for an experienced ML Engineer to join our team and help create innovative solutions for our company. The successful candidate will have a strong background in machine learning, data engineering, and software development. They will be responsible for developing ML models, integrating data sources, and creating pipelines for data acquisition and analysis.
- Design and develop ML models to address business needs
- Develop automated pipelines for data acquisition and analysis
- Develop data engineering solutions to integrate data sources
- Develop software solutions to support ML models
- Develop and maintain a suite of tools and processes to test, deploy, and monitor ML models
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in ML engineering and data engineering
- Proven experience developing ML models and software solutions
- Strong understanding of data engineering and software development best practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform) is a plus
Principal Software Engineer – Mobile Platform
This is a great opportunity for you to participate in the next generation build out of the B2B app platform that we want to design as an operating system for our merchants. The platform we gradually build will host a variety of mini applications, yet offer standardized and friendly experience. You will have the opportunity to innovate and build out a cutting edge framework that could be positioned as tomorrow’s superapp.
What you will do in this role:
- Architect an app platform that is storage light, pluggable yet reliable
- Lead the development of mobile applications for Android devices, using industry-standard technologies and best practices
- Collaborate with the product and design teams to identify and prioritize user needs, and translate those needs into well-designed software solutions
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, using agile development methodologies
- Develop and maintain a robust and scalable architecture for mobile applications, to support a wide range of devices and user scenarios
- Troubleshoot and debug software issues, and provide technical support to other team members as needed
- Mentor and guide junior team members, providing technical leadership and guidance on best practices
What you will need to excel in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in software architecture, with a focus on mobile Android development
- Strong understanding of mobile application design patterns and best practices
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin and Android development frameworks (e.g. Android SDK, Android Studio)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and continuous integration
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Previous experience building and operating at scale consumer app that is a must
- Android native with consumer or commerce experience preferred.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.