Website Caritas MFB
Branch Manager at Caritas MFB,
Branch Manager at Caritas MFB
Caritas Microfinance Bank is a licensed microfinance bank regulated by Central Bank of Kenya. Caritas MFB offers a full range of innovative and customized financial services with a special focus on the unbanked and underbanked. Its headquarters are located in the Nairobi CBD.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Branch Manager will be responsible for achievement of business targets and effective management of branch operations within regulatory framework and the Bank’s policies and risk guidelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop new business opportunities by proactively marketing for lending/deposit opportunities from current and prospective clients.
- Provide leadership in performance management, employee development, talent management and building a work environment that drives high performance and employee satisfaction.
- Entrench a risk aware culture and develop risk self-assessment capability to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor.
- Build and maintain relationship with customers to the mutual benefit of both the customer and the bank
- Maintain good quality loan book by ensuring arrears on normal and watch accounts are collected promptly
- Entrench measurable and meaningful customer service standards and practices
- Ensure Compliance with the Bank’s policy, control guidelines and procedures
- Manage and monitor budget for the branch
- Collect market information from competitor products and levels of service.
- Ensure that customer service standards are set and maintained in line with the requirements of each market segment.
- Ensure that customer complaints are monitored, trends and root causes identified and addressed at source to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel.
- Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer-orientated switchboard and telephone procedures.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure that laid-down instructions are adhered to by all areas under control.
- Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness. Recommend revision of controls to Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Develop micro market sales plans to achieve responsive sales budgets/targets for branch.
- Gain a sound understanding of the different local market segments in the branch’s area of operation.
- Manage the sales tracking system and provide coaching and feedback to the team.
- Coach the sales team on product knowledge and making the most of cross-selling opportunities.
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objective
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- University degree – Business related field
- Relevant professional qualification in banking – AKIB/ACIB – AA
- 4 years’ experience in Business development/Branch Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Knowledge of the Retail Banking value proposition.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to:
Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying
Closing date for application 30th September 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org