Nation Media Group
Broadcast Systems Engineer at Nation Media Group,
Broadcast Systems Engineer at Nation Media Group
The Nation Media Group (NMG) founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1959 has become the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa. It has been quoted on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since the early 1970s. As the leading multi-media house in the East African region, it has print as well as electronic media and the Internet
Broadcast Systems Engineer
Nation Media Group, the leading Multi-Media house in East and Central Africa is searching for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of Broadcast Systems Engineer in the NTV Department. We invite candidates who are innovative, performance driven and possess excellent transferrable skills with a good track record of achievement in past roles.
The incumbent will be responsible for offering efficient and cost-effective first and second-level support to end users within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs; as well as managing and maintaining IT services-related servers, routine maintenance of the servers, and ensuring security of systems.
The successful applicant should have experience in the following areas: –
- Installation, configuration, operation and upgrade of all broadcast related software and hardware.
- Maintenance of video and audio systems to ensure minimal downtime e.g., media workflows, autocue, intercom, newsroom and IP transmission systems.
- Providing technical support, fault finding and problem solving for live and recorded productions.
- Keeping abreast of constant changes in technology by researching on new systems, techniques and equipment in the broadcast industry.
- Routine and curative maintenance of broadcast equipment and systems.
- Identifying studio requirements and ensuring there are available tools and spares at all times.
- Record keeping of assets, status and location.
Knowledge & Skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Two (2) years of relevant experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent attention to details.
- A good team player
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in responding to operational/technical equipment problems.
- Understanding of broadcast rules and regulations
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myjobmag.co.ke.