Website Caritas MFB
Head of Credit at Caritas MFB,
Head of Credit at Caritas MFB
Caritas Microfinance Bank is a licensed microfinance bank regulated by Central Bank of Kenya. Caritas MFB offers a full range of innovative and customized financial services with a special focus on the unbanked and underbanked. Its headquarters are located in the Nairobi CBD.
Head of Credit
To manage the end-to-end credit operations and service delivery processes by leading a centralized Credit Administration, Monitoring and Control Department whose core function is to monitor the bank’s exposure from different risk angles and provide fundamental support to protect the bank’s risk assets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To formulate credit policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented, reviewed, and complied to.
- Manage the credit function of the microfinance bank efficiently and effectively to ensure profitability and risk mitigation
- Facilitate development and advise on pricing of credit products through the evaluation of customer needs and activities in liaison with other departments.
- Risk management through monitoring and administration of credit performance using credit scoring, appraisal reports and monitoring of customers’ credit rating with credit reference agencies.
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key customers and stakeholders to create business opportunities.
- Responsible for ensuring a strong portfolio quality and control of the credit book by providing support to the branches on credit matters.
- Responsible for credit administration by setting terms of credit and ensure timely repayment by customers.
- Negotiate repayment plans and discontinue credit to late-paying business customers
- Initiate legal action to recover debts if necessary, meeting other creditors, arranging for goods to be recovered, and organizing for liquidation of a defaulter’s assets to offset outstanding debt.
- Ensure all income is collected as per the approved terms
- Ensure Disbursements are done as per approval terms
- Generate management reports as well as periodic returns to CBK and CRB
- Track credit facilities for all newly approved credit relationships within agreed terms of lending and time frames
- Provide oversight on the normal and watch accounts and liaise with branch managers to ensure remedial action are taken promptly
- Provide leadership in performance management, employee development, talent management and building a work environment that drives high performance and employee satisfaction through coaching and mentorship.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the bank’s overall credit strategy
- Continuous review of the credit policies and processes to ensure they remain robust and responsive to the customer’s dynamic business needs
- Manage the credit team to enhance productivity, effectiveness
- Oversee overall management of the credit processes within the bank policies and guidelines to minimize lending risks.
- Champion and embed culture of compliance to procedures and best credit practices
- Develop, manage, and monitor budget for the function
- Identification and mitigation of credit exposures through external environment risk assessment as per the prudential guidelines
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of the credit board committee monthly reports and loan requests.
- Responsible for successful induction training of the newly recruited staff in the bank
- Preparation and review of MOUs for institutional business
- Ensure automation and review of loan appraisal processes
- Responsible for security documentation and management to ensure all collateral are safely stored for use of tracking and safety
- To perform any other duty as assigned, in line with the organization goals and objectives
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business related field.
- MBA in strategic management or finance
- CPA (K) (AA)
- Proficiency in computer use including MS Office tools and banking systems.
- At least 6 years banking experience in credit department 3 of which MUST be in a Managerial role.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and appraise loans of all types
- Possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Can make prompt decisions and be independent in problem solving
- Proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of the industry’s best practice.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to:
Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying
Closing date for application 30th September 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org