Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
HR & Administration Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF),
HR & Administration Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
HR & Administration Assistant
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
The main objective of the position is to support implementation and communication of HR policies and procedures in a consistent, fair and transparent basis in collaboration with the HR Manager. To ensure effective and efficient management of Human Resource information systems (HRMIS) database and payroll management; Onboarding and induction of new staff; Performance management follow-ups, day-to-day support and follow-up of health insurances for all employees. Participates in employee safety and employee relations, identify gaps and to advice/innovate ways for improvement.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINES
Reporting to the: Human Resources & Administration Manager.
- Follow MSF standards Policies, rules and procedure in relation to HR & Administration.
- To assist the HR/Admin in Human Resource management and general administration.
- To ensure the daily back office administrative processes/activities are well managed to support the office and the hosted units/Desks
Tasks and responsibilities
Office Human Resources and administration management
- Prepare the monthly payroll for staff ensuring high level of accuracy.
- Ensure all statutory and other obligations required have been met for processing and validation by the line manager.
- Prepare all statutory payments and reports after validation of the payroll.
- Ensure all staff records are properly kept and updated, and confidential information kept in a secure place. Put in place and manage a tracker to follow up the status of staff contracts and seniority/band-level for updates/changes.
- Complete staff records based on the employee information form and checklist for all information required.
- Update the HRMIS systems, and provide necessary reports.
- Prepare and regularly update staff contracts and ensure registration and deregistration of all staff into the HR systems, in close collaboration with other HQs Cross-Admin.
- Update the leave plan for the team/units and ensure the procedures for leave management is observed by all. Continuous leave follow-up, update and advice staff.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate proper induction of new staffs in the office after recruitment.
- Brief all incoming new staff on HR/Admin policy/handbook and sending regular updates to all for changes and notices.
- Manage, under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the HR Payroll software and prepare salaries, deductions and reports based on MSF policy and observing all legal requirements.
- Process school fees invoices for payments based on the MSF policy, and ensure good follow-up through the tracker to manage limits and compliance with tax regulations (for Kenyan contracts).
- Follow up management, updating and renewal of insurances: medical, WIBA, GPA/Life for both local and NCR contracted staff. Ensure the insurance policy documents are in place and overview of the status and changes thereof available.
- Register/deregister staff on Medical insurances, Group personal accident (GPA) WIBA/life insurance and update the list regularly to send to the insurance company. Follow up and Check all invoices for the same to ensure correct billing periodically.
- Provide support for medical evacuation and referrals based on the MEDEVAC procedure document.
- Oversee the administration of daily workers, interns and consultants engaged by various units/departments in the NBO, ensure that the necessary compliance is adhered to observing the policy/guidelines in place.
- Assist in providing various Human Resource support in the e.g. recruitment, training, audit preparation and any other events/activities.
- Proactively collaborate with HR/Admin counterparts in other MSF offices and organisations to exchange and enrich experience on how work and process can be improved.
- Work closely with other departments and team members in all aspects of HR/Admin.
- Assist and work closely with the Administration & travel Coordinator & Admin assistant in areas that require collaboration (movements, registration, medevacs…) and if needed/necessary/feasible fill the gaps to cover specific tasks during their absence.
- Provide input in review/update of HR/Admin policies and procedures and ensure the transmission to staff.
- Prepare handover documents and reports for follow up during absence.
- Ensure activity/work plans are followed through and updated regularly with the supervisor, and active participation in annual plan and reviews for the unit’s activities.
- Identify opportunities for service improvement in taking care of staff working in MSF EA.
INTERNAL / EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- HR Department – administration/Trainings/BF/travels/Field HR
- MSF EA Office Staff – Administrative support/ internal communication/Updates/HR Policy sensitization/Insurances.
- MSF Finance, Facilities & Service Department- Collaborations on onboarding/Payroll/Staff payments.
- Other MSF Section office contacts – general information/updates/cross-HR exchanges
- Other MSF HQs/Cross-Admin.
- Local & International Insurances company/other external HR agreements.
- HRMIS/ERP Providers.
- Key institutional and official contacts for networking/database
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant Degree from a recognized university or Diploma in Human Resource management/Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Administration and HR related field
- Experience with MSF will be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable of and interested in the international humanitarian context
- Good IT knowledge
- Experience in payroll and compensation management
- Good understanding of the HR legal environment in Kenya.
- Membership of a professional regulatory body (IHRM).
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Stress Management
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Initiative and Innovation
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit www.myjobmag.co.ke.