Job Vacancies at Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO)
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO)
Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO). KANCO is a membership organization established in the early 1990sin Kenya with operations in the eastern Africa
Human Resource and Administration Manager
Job Purpose / Summary:
The job holder will provide support, administer, implement and evaluate policies, systems, controls and services relating to all aspects of human resource management, including recruitment, classification, pay and benefits, training and development, as well as performance review and assessment. He/she will also ensure that administration of the office is conducted with due regard to Kenyan law and regulations and KANCO policies. Administration includes such areas as: procurement and material management (purchasing, travel, courier, printing, delivery and local transportation) and facilities management.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Coordinating KANCO staffing plans including monitoring deployment of staff and work allocation to ensure that KANCO’s human capital resources are efficiently utilized to serve clients and that all employees have an equal opportunity for development and progression;
- Coordinating and participating in the recruitment and selection processes and counselling managers on candidate selection;
- Ensuring that hiring and other HR practices are always in accordance with Kenyan labor law and KANCO policies;
- Maintaining work processes by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions. This includes preparing employees for their jobs by establishing and conducting induction and training programs;
- Supervising staff payroll activities and ensuring that pays are accurate and delivered on time, by reviewing and processing the monthly payroll;
- Conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions;
- Coordinating the annual staff performance assessment exercises including the mid-year reviews by planning and monitoring appraisal of employee work results. This extends to training managers to coach and discipline employees and scheduling performance management meetings with employees;
- Consolidating staff individual learning needs into a recommended staff development plan for the office, and subsequent coordination of its implementation;
- Maintaining employee benefits programs and informing employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;
- Maintaining, preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures;
- Keeping management informed and up to date by providing HR advice regarding industry standards, trends and best practices related to non-profit personnel management;
- Supporting the implementation of general office administration at KANCO by managing office space, maintaining service contracts, managing office equipment and monitoring administrative costs;
- Supporting the implementation of office administrative procedures and policies at KANCO including policies on communication, office security, travel, office cleanliness and health and safety;
- Providing daily supervision and mentorship to staff under direct supervision;
- Convening meetings of HR Committee as the Secretary of the committee, writing minutes of the committee and following up actions plan which are outcomes of these meetings;
- Implementing safety measures at KANCO including annual fire drills, safety compliance programs, first aid activities etc, in compliance to OSHA and KANCO policies;
- Organizing and setting up staff functions such as staff meeting, staff award ceremonies, and team building and other staff welfare activities;
- Ensuring that all administrative systems and processes are highly reliable finely tuned and well delivered through continuous evaluation of the processes and functions with an aim towards pro-active improvement of the administrative functions;
- Negotiating and drafting related consultancy and services contracts, managing relevant vendor relationships and liaising with the office premises management;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
The job holder must possess:
- At Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, human resource management or business administration; A Masters degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage;
- A postgraduate qualification in human resource management from a reputable institution;
- Be a current member of a HR professional body;
- Be proficient in computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint);
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in an NGO setup;
- Strong negotiation and leadership abilities;
- Experience in HRMIS ;
- Sound knowledge of the Kenyan labour laws and current Employment Act.;
- Ability to supervise organization security and administrative functions;
- Be a team player with strong employee relations abilities;
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organization skills
- Planning skills
- Team playing skills
- Communication skills
- Operational skills
- Report Writing Skills
- Initiative, diligence and attention to detail
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Programme Manager will be in charge of KANCO’s programmes and support in their overall management, oversight, working closely with projects managers and the Regional coordinators. S/he will oversee timely implementation, documentation and reporting of all projects to funders and relevant stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supporting project managers and regional coordinators in work planning, execution and reviews to ensure project targets set – monthly, quarterly and Annually are met.
- Supervising and support projects managers for timely and quality donor reporting
- Working with communication team, support the projects managers to develop projects materials, documentation and case studies.
- Lead and support in donors liaison, reporting and representing KANCO in donor meetings.
- Take lead in supporting Monitoring, Evaluation and Leaning in conjunction with Project managers.
- Take lead in support and developing KANCO Project reports, training Curriculums and Annual Reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in Social Sciences
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in national ,regional and international project management.
- Should have proven capacity building experience, and good project management skills
- Must have a proven ability in advocacy and policy development skills
- Should possess supervisory abilities as well as the ability to lead a team with a large geographical span.
- Should possess computer software abilities (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
- Should possess good presentation and facilitation abilities
- Should have the ability to mobilize resources and network with partners.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
How to apply
- Applications should be sent strictly via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Deadline: COB, 30th September, 2022
- Please note that we can only accept applications received by email.
- Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
- Please submit a cover letter and a résumé.
- On the subject line, indicate the title of position applied for.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com