Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Latest Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
Latest Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Jobs in Government, Jobs at Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya.
- Open Jobs
- How to apply
Head of Finance, Investment & Property
The position will be responsible for all aspects of the Finance, Investment and Property office by providing appropriate financial advice and undertaking related financial duties.
- Oversees all Finance functions including those necessary for auditing, budgeting, financial analysis, capital asset and property management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies and procedures, and all other applicable rules and guidelines.
- Providing financial management advice to KRA Staff Pension scheme board of Trustees and management;
- Monitoring, analysing, and interpreting KRA Staff Pension Scheme’s financial performance evaluation reports and making recommendations to management on policy changes
- Prudent management of finance, and physical assets of the organization; preparing monthly/quarterly financial projection, statements and budgets; exercising expenditure controls of the organization;
- Supervising accounting activities; updating management reports; monitoring and evaluating implementation of the statutory mandate; and
- Working in close consultation with the Chief Manager on all financial management issues
- Provide comprehensive financial and decision support to the Scheme through a wide variety of financially focused work to directly increase profitability and contribute effectively to business decisions
- Maintain controls on spending to ensure budgetary limits are adhered to.
- Ensure that all finances and appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place, properly administered and monitored
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Acquisition, Development and Promotion of knowledge skills and abilities
- Overseeing all investment activities on behalf of KRA Staff Pension Scheme as follows:
- Developing investment strategies to meet agreed investment objectives
- Implementing an investment strategy, liaising with clients and dealing with their queries about the strategy
- Analysing the risk and return profile of asset types, monitoring markets relevant to the fund portfolio and the performance of competing funds
- Developing awareness of the tax environment within which specific investments and investors operate
- Constructing risk profiles for proposed client portfolio changes
- Preparing investment portfolio data for client reporting
- Reviewing the activities of the asset managers reports and activities
- Monitoring and overseeing investment operations and administration activities
- Networking to maintain relationships with existing investment manager.
- Supervising all property management activities on behalf of KRA Staff Pension Scheme as follows:
- Supervising the Property Managers’s day to day activities
- Participating in the development of business plans related to property management
- Structuring of budgets related to property management
- Overseeing Management of existing assets related to property owned by the scheme and business planning for each asset.
- Serving as the custodian of legal documentation related to leases and sales.
- And any other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, Finance, commerce or any related field.
- CPA (K) / ACCA finalist;
Relevant Work Experience Required
- At least 5 years of experience in financial management with 2 years in first level management or comparable position;
- Extensive knowledge of setting of budgets, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting;
- Leadership skills;
- Strategic and analytical skills;
- Ability to drive change and innovation;
- Experience in strategic development and implementation
Supervisor – Accounts
The position will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial accounting and management accounting transactions in the Scheme
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
The job holder’s duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Inputting and verifying data in the accounts system
- Generating accurate, useful and timely reports for information and decision making
- Maintaining safe custody and ensuring proper access and retrieval of finance records d) Prepare relevant vouchers as required and with all supporting documents
- Receiving and verifying payment claims and supporting documents
- Ensuring compliance with organization policies and procedures on all accounting transactions
- Maintaining assets and resources under their custody in good condition
- Planning for the preparation and disbursement of petty cash
- Managing the collection and banking of cash and cheques
- Reconciliation of clients accounts and statements on a monthly basis
- Checking invoices against supporting documents in preparation for payment
- Planning for debt collection as per targets and allocation of receipts from debtors
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or related field from a recognized University.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Certification in CPA II and working progressively towards a CPA (K)
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least three (3) years’ of work experience in a busy Accounting Department
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Should have proficiency in the use of computerized accounting systems and Microsoft suite packages
- Should be a self-oriented working with minimal supervision
- Must have integrity and willingness to commit to KRA Staff Pension Schemes’ mission and values
Supervisor – ICT
To install and maintain computer hardware, software and networks; to facilitate and effectively ensure that the information flow that ensures that ICT needs of KRASPS are met.
- Providing IT related support, by reviewing the scheme’s needs, in terms of computerization, Telecommunication, and other technology.
- Managing the installation systems and that of new versions used and trouble shoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning.
- Managing the office multi-user computer network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities.
- Planning the acquisition of specific computer software, coordinating its introduction into the office, and managing its maintenance.
- Organizing computer training and support for all staff in KRA Staff Pension Scheme.
- Coordinating records management through establishment of a computerized records management system for the office in accordance with scheme’s guidelines and policies.
- Scouting for new technological innovations within KRA Staff Pension Scheme core business areas.
- Updating KRA Staff Pension Scheme IT knowledge by participating in learning opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Supporting the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures OR any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- University Degree in information communication technology or any other relevant degree.
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Information communication Technology.
- Excellent computer skills, working knowledge of office automation software and practical knowledge of information and communication technology (ICT).
- Excellent English writing and editorial skills.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are necessary.
- Excellent, concise and clear interpersonal and written communication skills working effectively with others, thinking and understanding and achieving results.
- Strong social media and online skills; able to write and upload campaign information on the Scheme’s website and social networks.
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders on a global level.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite application packages.
- Excellent secretarial and office management skills.
- Good time and diary management skills.
- Good organization and analytical skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work under pressure and tolerance in handling diverse personalities;
- Good understanding of the Trust Secretary’s role in relation to other departments;
- Ability to handle stress, work under pressure with high work volumes, Self-Oriented , assertive and decisive
Supervisor – Pension Services Administration
To provide support for the general administration of the scheme by giving administrative and logistic support in all relevant activities.
- Maintaining client scheme records and files, and keeping up to date records for the section’s activities.
- Supporting the Pension Administration Officer in liaising with scheme members and their dependants.
- Supporting the Pension Administration Officer in calculating member benefits.
- Ensuring all standard procedures are adhered to, actions all routine and administrative tasks and responding to clients in a timely manner with relevant and accurate information.
- Work effectively the pension administration team to support the sections activities.
- Providing administrative and logistic support in organizing the Annual General Meeting for scheme members.
- Supporting the Pension Administration Officer in developing the scheme members newsletter
- Provide regular updates to team leader on work in progress.
- Assisting the Pension Administration Officer to deal with member queries, both over the phone and face to face.
- Recording minutes for all team meetings in order to identify issues and improve service delivery
- University Degree in Business Administration, Social science or a related degree from a recognized institution.
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience in retirement benefits scheme administration.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Pension Administration
- A professional course will be an added advantage
- Effective communication, interpersonal skills and negotiation skills.
- Excellent report writing skills and planning skills
- Should be a team player
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.