International Rescue Committee
Senior Supply Chain Officer at International Rescue Committee,
Senior Supply Chain Officer at International Rescue Committee
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
Senior Supply Chain Officer
To provide all vital Supply Chain support to the Supply Chain focal lead and Field Coordinator to embrace effective supply chain planning and preparation, to support field project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to the Global IRC’s Supply Chain Manual.
The Senior Supply Chain Officer is responsible for working closely with domestic and external collaborators in program implementation.
- You will support the Supply Chain lead in developing a high standard, long-term operational excellence strategy, to improve program support, efficiency, and results.
- Develop procurement plans for active grants, cooperating with program Coordinators/Managers and internal and external partners to support program implementation.
- Ensure the program teams develop distribution plans for supplies and assets of closed grants in the warehouses.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain field staff to make certain that there are sufficient spaces in warehouses before sending program supplies to the field sites.
- Ensure that supply chain department is well staffed and roles and responsibilities of each have clear job description.
- Preparing and implementing procurement, warehousing and transport plans following related IRC procurement Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure procurement plans are developed for all active grants.
- Develop sourcing strategies and relationships with suppliers.
- Supervise supply market and conduct market surveys & analysis.
- Lead market analyses by collecting, organizing, and analyzing market data and financial reports.
- Handle all procurement for the satellite office.
- Ensure that procurements are done, commensurate with IRC’s modus operandi. Ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Assure that all purchases are properly authorized in conformity with IRC Finance and business logistics management policies and procedures.
- The creation of, and regular review of the procurement and distribution plans.
- Ensure compliance with IRC Supply chain Manual and stay in sync with the policies.
- Develop and regularly review Grant(s) procurement and distribution plans, ensuring resolution of all related issues collaborating with programs unit leadership.
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategy.
- Review PRs, BA, and Contracts/ PO prior to sending it to the FC for signature and ratify that a proper record for any procurement act is kept, and inventory of used LPOs is maintained for future references.
- Handle intercessions with suppliers.
- Own the bidding process by developing and issuing request for proposals (RFP) and completing a purchase request process.
Maintain associations with suppliers, and program staff.
- Prepare, review, and use Procurement contracts, including Master Agreements (MPA, MSA) for purchases.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate supply chain report(s) to advise decision-making process.
- Guarantee the maintenance of all other procurement files.
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement / Logistics Department in Nairobi to ensure that program supplies purchased from Nairobi are delivered in timely fashion.
Inventory, Warehousing, and Assets Management
- Effective handling and control of inventory, including drug storage, cold chain, buffer stock, contributions in kind (CIK) and food commodities.
- The IRC inventory policies are implemented during the emergency support for all project Items (cycle count, reporting discrepancies, pharmaceutical quality assurance as well as cold chain policies where applicable).
- Develop and ensure material distribution plans and up-to-date and being adhered to.
- Coordinate inventory disposal procedures.
- Placement of the assets maintenance plans as per IRC policies, including repairs and insurance coverage process.
- Conduct Asset needs assessment.
- Directly supervise staff involved in the assets management and records keeping.
- Update the asset register, and the inventory list for assets and expendable store and produce monthly reports.
- Supervise the movement of IRC assets, and the vital documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensuring that all assets are controlled, and up-to-date records are handled accurately in accordance with donor-specific polices.
- Review all monthly asset reports from all field sites.
- Handle asset and property disposal, and auction management.
- Ensure that grant inventory and asset report is accurate, regularly produced, reviewed, and approved before the Grant closing date.
- Directly supervise the warehouse staff in Dadaab and provide the required technical support.
- Ensure that they update stock records daily both on the prologs and stock cards
- Ensure that warehouse clerks follow all stores procedures as well as by other staff.
- Ensure the shipping and receiving associate retains controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure.
- Ensure that the filing system for stores is well maintained by warehouse clerk.
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained by warehouse staff.
- Review monthly stock reports.
- Ensure that all supply chain established procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions.
- Do weekly spot checks in field warehouse and maintain a file for the spot check reports.
Logistics and Fleet Operations
- Develop country specific fleet management policies that are consistent with Country department of transport requirements.
- Ascertain and ensure adherence to IRC transport and vehicle policy.
- Dissemination and adherence of the vehicle safety policies by all vehicle users.
- Conduct transport need assessments.
- Develop and supervise fleet movement plans, vehicle repairs, drivers’ assignment, vehicle safety, and fuel consumption.
- Develop vehicle management cost analysis.
- The fleet legal status (customs clearance, registration, licenses, insurance) are up to date.
- Regular issuance, review, and usage of vehicle monthly reports to advise strategic decision-making process.
- Review monthly vehicle reports outlining fuel usage and maintenance cost per vehicle and motor bikes before sending to Nairobi.
- Provide transport, maintenance, fuel, and movement reports.
- Handle discrete aspects of the supply chain function (i.e., procurement; warehousing; fleet) if deployed, and report timely, any IRC procurement deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Develop/maintain the orientation material for SC department; provide orientation to all new staff (international and national), ensuring full understanding of roles, responsibilities, and compliance issues.
- Implement and sustain segregation duties in procurement and other related functions.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned supply chain reports submitted by country offices.
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Promptly advise the Supply chain coordinator, Deputy Director Operations and/or County Director any areas of concern or potential or suspected supply chain policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Implement discrete, time-bound Supply Chain initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e., implementing post-audit corrective action plan).
Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of staff (written tests and interviews) through the effective utilization of the IRC supply chain competency matrix.
- Ensure each team members’ objectives are set following the organizational unit visions as well as operations context(s).
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain associates, in designated counties.
- Identify staffing and/or skill gaps and see that these gaps/needs are filled; support the professional development training programs.
- Deliver Training and Professional development programs.
- Coordinate trainings and maintain training records.
Technical Management & Systems:
- Participate in the development and implementation of ERP, BvA and other Supply Chain systems and, when vital, SC standard Operating Procedures.
Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
- In collaboration with the health team, ensure forecasts and supply planning for pharmaceutical supply are created for all health projects by project start date.
- With the guidance and support from global pharma leadership develop a supply strategy for the supply of pharmaceuticals (global, regional, national) including freight.
- Ensure the IRC standard pharmaceutical inventory tracking tool is in place and accurately maintained in each location
- Ensure implementation IRC pharmaceutical quality assurance policy, associated SOPs and procedures for Cold Chain standard methodology in the warehouse and in local transport.
- Ensure adequate drugs management and transportation tool and materials are available for the effective management of drugs.
Internal and/or External Contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with regional and country Supply Chain staff at all levels, Deputy Director of Operations and Project Coordinators/Mangers. Actively participate in global and regional supply chain, conferences, and leading sessions as required.
- External: May Serve as IRC Supply Chain representative in outside meetings, other non-governmental organizations, inter-agency groups and foundations.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain, logistics or related field
- Advanced professional certification in supply chain management preferably, CIPS and/or emergency response management strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in handling humanitarian supply chain in international NGO 3 of which should be at senior level.
- Strong ERP roll out and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and roll-out supply chain policy and SOPs.
- Clear training, coaching and mentoring ability.
- Ability to function optimally in sophisticated and high-pressure work environment, set appropriate priorities and deal successfully with numerous simultaneous demands at short notice.
- Management ability to lead, empower and develop staff.
- Positive demeanor with good sense of humor.
- Committed team player.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of Donors and knowledge of specific donor guidelines.
Proven Skills and Competencies:
- Have a high degree of flexibility and ability to work under acute hardship conditions against tight time limits.
- Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, HF and VHF radios.
- Ability to handle critical situations patiently with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring / capacity building of staff and commitment to staff training and development.
- Dedicated risk identification and effective implementation of risk management strategies.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and handle a diverse array of responsibilities.
- Cross-Functional teamwork.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Critical thinking.
- Result Focus.
- Effective Communication.
- Problem-Solving ability.