Business related jobs, Commerce jobs,Managerial jobs,Customer Service management jobs, Banking jobs,
Branch Manager – Homabay
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Driving Business Performance; Time split 40%
- Implement business strategies to deliver performance and growth as communicated by the Regional Manager.
- Drive branch performance against key performance standards as communicated and agreed with the Regional Manager in areas including:
- balance sheet growth,
- sales growth and income contribution,
- cost performance,
- credit management,
- employee satisfaction,
- customer experience,
- operational risk and control rigor management
- Provide clear direction to branch staff on the Retail and Business Banking business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at branch level.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client visits, and complete call reports for every customer visit and this should be filed for snap checks.
- Monitor daily branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to the Regional Manager service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
People Management and Development; Time split 30%
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- Prepare a resource and capacity plan for the branch to be incorporated in the annual plan for the Region.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the branch team.
- Maximize performance of the branch team members by identifying and developing their training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the branch teams that results in a high performance climate and culture
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch team members.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensure they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience, by playing an active role in recruitment and exits of direct reports.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR
- Acts as escalation point for grievance cases within the branch
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Compliance Management: Time split 15%
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure the branch operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards are met and where required review branch remediation action plans with the Regional Manager
- Report all incidents within the branch in line with the bank’s incident reporting procedures
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Signoff all dormant accounts and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Hold cost center for network related non-branch expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
Customer Service Management: Time split 15%
- Understand and articulate aggregated feedback at branch level to shape the customer proposition and product offering.
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations.
- Build a motivated, committed and focused Branch teams, consistently delivering creative, precise and customer-focused service
- Ensure branch service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and discuss and agree resolution plans with Regional Manager.
- Ensure all customer contact points in the branch, including equipment (PC’s, printers, notes counters, ATM’s, etc.) are of the highest service standard. ATM uptime has to be kept within 95% and any issues raised to the Channel Manager at head office
Technical skills / Competencies
- Leadership, people management, coaching and team building skills
- Strong communication and Presentation
- Excellent relationship building skills – both with internal stakeholders and clients
- Good networking skills, both for internal and external network
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with decision making ability
- Business Acumen/Business Awareness
- Credit appraisal skills
- Credit Risk Management
- Driving Customer Experience
- Operational Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- External market awareness
- Commercial Effectiveness
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Performance Management
- Resource Management and planning.
- Cultural and Change Management
- PC skills
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or relevant experience to compensate, post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking / Financial Services experience out of which at least 3 years in branch management with good track record of performance
- Business understanding and management experience of Retail / Consumer and Business Segments
- Working knowledge of Branch Operations and Controls
- Demonstrable experience in Customer Service management including complaint management / resolution
- Hands on experience of sales management including leading Direct Sales teams
- People management experience of big teams
- In-depth knowledge of banking products, strategies and structures in Retail,
- Detailed working knowledge of operational and credit risk policies and procedures for both Retail and Business Banking segments
- Good working knowledge of people policies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of the banking industry practices and regulations
- Well informed on general economic, political and business environment.
- Up to date knowledge of competitor and market activity in local area
- In-depth understanding of core banking operating IT systems e.g. Flexicube
Education National Certificate: Accounting (Required)
Lead Generator – Various Regions
Accountability: SALES TO RETAIL CUSOTMERS TIME SPLIT 60%
- Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of all Absa Bank Retail products and services.
- Provide direct “hands on” sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow-up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal products & channel sales targets to contribute towards the direct sales objectives and targets.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advise (e.g. Schemes or Mortgage) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to Line Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened and provide the customer with contact information for the branch at which their account is held.
Accountability: CUSTOMER SERVICE TIME SPLIT 15 %
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans
- Open scheme loan accounts referred by the Scheme Loans Relationship Managers
Accountability: OPERATIONAL RIGOUR, COMPLIANCE AND CONTROLS TIME SPLIT 15 %
“Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and all other customer documents. Lead Generators (LGs) are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Line Manager.
- Comply with general Absa operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
Accountability: CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE TEAM/PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT TIME SPLIT 10%
- Share knowledge and experience with other Lead Generators in the team.
- Provide cover for other Lead Generators in case of excessive workload or absence.
Deputize for the Line Manager whenever required.
- Agree annual performance objectives with the Sales Manager, including specific sales targets.
- Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in development programs and training.
Education Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)