Food and Beverage Jobs, Food Management Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs,
Food and Beverage Supervisor
- In consultation with the Hospitality & Services Manager, implement strategies that will enhance guest satisfaction.
- Training and supervising Food and Beverage Service employees to ensure that they are performing their jobs correctly
- Monitoring F&B section employee productivity to ensure that goals are being met
- Coordinating employee schedules, including shift changes and absences
- Overseeing inventory of food and beverage supplies, ordering new items as needed
- Maintaining sanitation standards on the premises by monitoring employee compliance with company policies regarding cleanliness
- Providing customer service by answering questions about menu items or suggesting items based on customer preferences
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Management
- Diploma in Hotel/Restaurant Management, Bachelors degree added advantage.
- 5 years experience in Food and Beverage Supervision in a 4 star Hotel / Restaurant.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English. Knowledge of foreign language an added advantage
- Proficiency in Office applications
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience acquired from a busy hospitality institution
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals from differentnationalities and backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with the clients, Senior Management and support staff
Cooks (3 Positions)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Portioning products when received and ensuring the right portion is issued to the customer.
- Labeling products and checking on expiry dates.
- Ensure that any product leaving the kitchen has a docket.
- Maintain good quality of production. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Certificate or Diploma in Food Production
- Two (2) YEARS experience as a cook
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate with Security and ensure effective service to late arrivals
- Assist in welcoming and registration of guests who may check-in late
- Assist in maintaining of daily arrival list and hotel checklist for the night and record of current room status and availability
- Responds to Guests’ requests for information about the CMDC and its surroundings
- Arranges for special services requested by the guests at night including F&B Services
- Allocates rooms, issues appropriate keys, prints registration cards and files appropriately where necessary
- Follows-up and verifies arrivals by updating registration cards in regards to spelling of guest’s name, address and method of payment
- Assists in Handling reservations for guests, airport pickups, transfers etc
- Ensures all guests all guests who check-in late and check-out early have settled their bills
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies Head of Reception of any discrepancies.
- Ensure proper control over access keys to all facilities
- Check that all conference halls are clean have been set according to the event order.
- Certificate or Diploma in Accommodation & Hospitality Management
- Willingness to work at night
- An all-round person with knowledge of Food and Beverage Service, Housekeeping and Reception.
Room Stewards (2 Positions)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure high quality cleaning service at public areas of hotel
- Clean and Service guest bedrooms by order of floor/section to the required standard as per the laid down Standard Operating Procedures.
- Restock/replace items in rooms and bathrooms for guest use that have run out of stock or need replacement
- Make bed professionally following the laid down standard operating procedure
- Service bathrooms by washing and emptying bins; wash all glass surfaces and floors; clean shower, bath, basin, bidet, and toilet to the best quality standard
- Using the right cleaning chemicals, dust and polish all hard surfaces to achieve a quality sheen
- Ensure they have housekeeping Mis-en-Place
- Report issues such as equipment and light bulb damage promptly to Supervisor, Maintenance or Hospitality & Service Manager for immediate action – ensure such reports are correctly logged
- Provide professional personal service, including shoe cleaning, ironing, and minor clothing repairs to guests
- perform regular deep cleaning of all areas of hotel as instructed
- Diploma or Certificate in Housekeeping & Laundry
- 2 years experience as a Room Steward in a Hotel
Waiters (1 position)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greeting guests and welcoming them to the dining room
- Staying attentive to the needs of the guests in the dining area
- Serving and billing guests accordingly
- Setting up of conference rooms in accordance to guest requirements as communicated through event orders
- Certificate or Diploma in Food Service
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to be proactive and accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Method of Application
Submit your application not later than 15th October 2022 to:
CORAT Africa P.O. Box 42493 – 00100