Jobs at Kenya Methodist University (KeMU)
Kenya Methodist University (KeMU) is a Chartered Private Christian Institution of higher learning which aims to contribute to the transformation of our society by providing high quality education that promotes excellence in scholarship, research and selfless service to the community.
Deputy Vice Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance (Re- Advertisement)
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Deputy Vice Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance will be the principal assistant to the Vice Chancellor in the day to day running of the Administration, Planning, Development and Finance functions of the University. His/her responsibility will include:
- Overall responsibility of direction, organization and administration of the Division of Administration, Finance & Planning;
- Responsible for resource mobilization and fund raising;
- Implement and coordinate alternative revenue growth strategies in accordance with the overall University Strategy;
- Enforce the implementation of various fund development polices across the university community;
- Cultivate a culture of fundraising and philanthropy among the university’s key internal and external stakeholders;
- Pursue the establishment of linkages, and build strategic partnerships with other universities, public and private sector organizations;
- Oversight the preparation and implementation of the budget, financial reports and implementation of management recommendations and ensuring the achievement of annual and medium–term financial goals in consistent with the strategic plan;
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures and ensure compliance to all statutory and legal requirements in general administration and finance within the University;
- Enforce the implementation of approved developmental projects and policies;
- Champion the long–term, University integrated resource planning, by providing
- strategic leadership and effective management of the University Master Plan;
- Promote the use of accurate institutional data to support evidence–based decision making, institutional analysis and reporting including Business intelligence, strategic
- planning and organizational effectiveness initiatives of the University in accordance with Data Protection Act (DPA) of the laws of Kenya;
- Maintain an efficiency, optimal and good order of the university staffing including their welfare, conduct, discipline and performance;
- Collaborate with the University leadership to plan, develop and review University
- strategy; monitor the execution of the strategic plan and coordinate the strategy– integrated reporting of the University’s annual performance;
- Coordinate and oversight other Income generating Units (IGUs) activities;
- Ensure Business Process Re–engineering for satisfactory customer experience;
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor from time to time;
- The suitable candidate should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Be a holder of an earned PhD from an accredited and recognized university.
- At least ten years’ experience in a senior management and academic position at university level, or with proven experience in executive leadership position in an institution of comparable status.
- Have a proven record and evidence of resource mobilization and fundraising.
- Demonstrate ability to network and coordinate with development partners in mobilizing resources and University development
- Have a successful track record in the management of financial, human and physical resources at top management level.
- Evidence of professional training in leadership, management and governance.
- Demonstrate evidence of outstanding communication ability, coupled with excellent presentation skills.
- Conversant with relevant laws, regulations and policies in higher learning institutions;
- Demonstrate a high degree of result–oriented performance characterized by foresight, strategic thinking and service delivery.
- Proven experience in change management and transformation of ideas into desired outcomes.
- Be of the highest ethical standards and professionalism in line with Chapter VI of the Kenya Constitution.
Manager, Internal Audit and Risk Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop a flexible annual audit plan using risk-based methodology and present the plan to the Audit, Risk, Governance, and Sealing Committee of the Council for review and approval.
- To identify and asses potential risks including fraud, in line with pre-defined university risk management framework.
- To implement the annual audit plan as approved, including any special tasks, investigations or projects appropriately requested by the university management and the Audit, Risk, Governance and Sealing Committee.
- To develop a quality assurance program in compliance with IPPF framework.
- To evaluate, assess and advise on significant changes in the university functions, new services, operations and control processes coincident with university growth.
- To regularly review the adequacy of controls established to ensure accurate, reliable and timely information relevant for decision making.
- To review all established university procedures and systems in order to recommend for improvements.
- To appraise the use of university resources with regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To conduct the audit review projects in conformance to ISPPI for presentation to the ARGSC for improvement, and follow up on the implementation of recommendations.
- To appraise and evaluate the effectiveness of the university’s risk management framework and processes.
- To assist in the investigation of suspected fraudulent activities within the university and notify the results/findings to the Audit, Risk, Governance and Sealing Committee of the Council.
- To carry out ad hoc appraisal, investigations or reviews deemed necessary or as appropriately requested by the university management or the Audit, Risk, Governance and Sealing Committee of the Council.
- Advise Management on risk management and assist in building capacity for the same.
- Any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
Requirements for the Position
- A Master’s Degree in Finance and Accounting or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Business Administration or Management or a related area from a university that is recognized in Kenya.
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (K) or hold equivalent recognized professional qualification in Accounting and Finance.
- Qualified professional in CISA, CFE, CFIP, CRMA, or CRISC
- At least six (6) years working experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent organization in the corporate sector with at least three (3) years in a senior audit position.
- Membership of the relevant professional body that is recognized in Kenya.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit three (3) hard copies and a soft copy of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address application–May2022@kemu.ac.ke
To be received on or before 8th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to bring the following:
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti–Corruption Commission.
- Credit Reference Bureau.
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department.
- Letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes) from at least three persons familiar with the applicant’s professional experience and general character one of whom must be the pastor of their local church.
- All the positions above require individuals who are of high ethical standards, integrity, and professionalism.
KeMU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.