Jobs at Kenya Union Of Savings & Credit Co-operative Limited,
Jobs at Kenya Union Of Savings & Credit Co-operative Limited
As the voice and lobbyists for Savings and Credit Cooperatives in Kenya, we at KUSCCO have been at the forefront of efforts to form and develop strong and viable SACCOs. Our key roles at KUSCCO – as the umbrella body for SACCOs – are mainly advocacy and representation. In addition, we offer SACCOs and other cooperatives financial and technical assistance
- Recruit and train selected microfinance groups about available products and services.
- Disburse loans to identified groups in a time-efficient manner and ensure that loan payments are made promptly as well.
- Receive potential clients and conduct an initial assessment and assist clients in completing applications for the necessary approvals.
- Put in place mechanisms for managing Loan portfolio to ensure a healthy loan book at all times.
- Advise on areas of improvement either on policy or procedural issues.
- Attend weekly group meetings to monitor groups operations to keep abreast of all the activities.
- Sell SACCO products to current and potential customers to ensure profitability.
- Maintain a healthy loan book for the Microfinance clients by ensuring timely mobilization and repayment of facilities.
- Compile and submit timely and reliable credit reports.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks in order to prospect for loans.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Marketing, Business Administration/
- Management, Cooperative Management or Entrepreneurship.
- Professional Qualifications in Credit Management, Accounting, Marketing, OR related fields will be an added advantage
Skills and Desired Qualities:
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work without supervision and possess excellent leadership skills.
- A good knowledge of the micro-finance industry trends and practices.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Must be a self-starter and possess excellent presentation skills.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- A minimum of three (3) years practical experience as Microcredit Officer in a licensed deposit-taking SACCO or financial institution.
ICT Manager/ System Administrator
- Formulate and implement sound ICT policies, procedures, strategies, and systems.
- Manage the Society ICT assets to support effective implementation of the Society objectives.
- Advise the CEO on ICT innovations, strategies, and their impact on the Society objectives.
- Manage all operations of the ICT Department and ensure timely provision of ICT services to all functions of the Society.
- Assigning User IDs and User rights and implementation of controls in the Society system.
- Reporting system breakdowns and failures immediately to CEO and the system vendor for quick action.
- Ensure all the telecommunication links are always stable.
- Promote best practice in the development of information systems.
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies that may be of benefit to the SACCO and make requisite recommendations, supported by documentation, costing, etc.
- Execute departmental objectives in line with the SACCO’s strategic plan and align the ICT strategy with the strategic plan.
- Assist, and co-ordinate all systems implementations including working with ready-made applications and external consultation if need be.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the society’s information.
- Ensure that all IT dynamics in use by the organization keep pace with technological innovations and developments.
- Be in constant consultation with all technology-based service providers.
- Supervise direct reports work and other administrative matters.
- Review performance of direct reports.
- Identify training needs for direct reports.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff within the department.
- Mentor and coach staff.
Operational Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and implement short and long-term capacity plans to ensure systems, network and telecommunications infrastructure meets existing and future requirements.
- Maintaining oversight and custody of the SACCO’s in-house and remote data Centre and all network and related hardware assets.
- Provide team leadership within the department through professional staff performance management.
- Ensure availability of a stable and reliable ERP System.
- Undertaking feasibility studies of proposed ICT systems.
- Prepare ICT department budgets in liaison with the other departmental HODs.
- Implement and maintain a robust IT asset management system for all IT hardware and software inventory, network components, life cycle management, and related documentation.
- Oversee purchase, installation, configuration, and maintenance of user application software, operating system software, and internet communication system within the computer network of the society.
- Set up and monitor contracts with external suppliers for the provision of ICT technical support and services.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on disruptive IT infrastructure innovations and trends such as cloud, mobile and bring your own device (BYOD).
- Lead the preparation of RFPs, bid proposals and other documentation related to acquisition of network, telecommunications, server, and endpoint infrastructure as well as negotiations with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure IT infrastructure products and services.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunication, or related discipline.
- A Master’s degree in ICT will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications such as MCSCE/MCSA.
Online applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and MUST clearly state the Job Title and Reference number as the subject. All applications must be received by 25th August 2022.