Jobs at Safal Group,
Jobs at Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa
Franchisee Sales Manager – Athi River
Main purpose of the position:
- To drive growth of sales for SAFBUILD and ULTRASPAN segments through Franchisee and meet set out targets for the Kenyan operation profitably
- Accelerate penetration of the standard buildings solutions using light gauge steel structures & Ultra span through franchisee strategy
- Ensure all projects are profitable and customer payments and project milestones are achieved on time in full
- Initiate concept developments with marketing to expand scope of SAFBUILD in the built environment and position the same as a SMART and Green solution
- To drive growth of Cold formed steel structures for standard buildings & Ultra span trussing though franchisee initiatives
- To achieve the annual targets both in terms of volume and value by initiating and pushing franchisee programs and activities
- Formulate sales strategies for assigned country. Collaborate with marketing function and identify potential/new franchisees.
- Formulate policy and guideline in handling business contracts, securing required contact and background information on franchisees.
- Prepare sales forecasts, objectives and development of robust project pipelines
- To develop a robust pipeline of projects for standard buildings and Ultra span trussing through engagements with franchisees
- Build relationship with Franchisees, manage them end to end.
- Coordination with internal departments for design and estimation based on Franchisee requirement.
- Manage the full life cycle of project delivery in conjunction with technical manager
- Ensure efficient Franchisee relations management and customer service.
- Ensure Franchisee accounts are within credit limits, cash collection and debtor`s management.
- Monitor competition closely and provide regular reporting with respect to competitor strategy, products and prices.
- Ensure efficient utilization of workforce, equipment, material and maintain staffing level as per the company standard.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architect or Construction
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Sales and Marketing or Business Development/Management Course
- Professional registration: Affiliation to professional bodies in Engineering or Marketing
- General work experience (years): 8-10 years in Sales and Marketing Development
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years in Franchisee/Business Development
- Industry: Building/Construction Materials or equipment
- Commercial Skills to handle, manage and drive franchisee development
- Ability to build on franchise network and relationship to sustain the same
Closing 02 August 2022
Procurement Officer – Athi River
Main Purpose of the Position:
To fulfil the customer requirement of CAPEX and OPEX Procurement in time at most competitive rates. The position will streamline activities in such a way that customer requirements are met on time in full and at lowest possible cost without compromising on quality. The position will closely work with MRM Procurement Team Lead and MRM Procurement Manager to increase efficiencies, product and process quality, reduce costs and improve overall service levels of Procurement function. Finally, the position will fulfil a central coordinating role between other BU departments as well as with suppliers and customers, balancing their different priorities and limitations to reach optimal solutions for the company as a whole.
- Timely procurement of material and services at most competitive rates without compromising on quality
- Enhance the process efficiency of PR to PO and fulfil the procurement requirements in-time at optimized cost without compromising on quality
- Ensure adherence of Procurement policy and SOP and minimum audit observations are made during internal / external audits
- Identify & implement opportunities for Cost optimization and efforts to bring down the total time of the SCM cycle
- New Vendor Development on continuous basis to source better quality products and services and reduce lead time
- Select, evaluate and maintain relations with vendors through periodic performance reviews
- Floating Enquiries (RFQ) and Inviting Quotations, Negotiation with Vendors, making Comparatives, update quotes, cross check market rates for specific & typical items
- Meeting with Internal Customer for Dispatch / Delivery status, updates of Projects, Process Improvement etc. to achieve overall customer satisfaction
- Secure material availability in accordance with the Material Requirements Plan (MRP)
- Liaise with the Shipping Companies, transporters and other parties involved for smooth clearance of goods and delivery to the plant(s)
- Develop and maintain effective relations with local customs authorities and KRA, ensuring that Import Duties and Taxes are paid
- Achieve Cost Savings on procurement of goods and services through effective negotiation, new vendor development, material planning and value engineering
- Manage and plan minimum stock balances to ensure supplier lead times and stock holding policies are maintained to avoid any stock outs
- Strict control and monitoring of Inventory lying at warehouses is being done before ordering any fresh material in order to avoid duplication and reducing the inventory level
Supply Chain Administration
- Adhere to Company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements
- Support and implement Company initiatives to achieve performance, quality and safety metrics
- Work collaboratively with Cross Functional Teams and Vendors to create strategic value, risk management and gain competitive advantage for the organization
- Implement and drive continuous improvement program in procurement function and establish high level of performances & standards
- Select, evaluate and develop department employees, following general HR policies
- Maintain 100% accuracy in documentation, data management and compliance of SOPs
- Pro-actively monitor procurement operational and financial performance and develop personal and departmental action plans to achieve targets set for the department
- Ensure the safeguard and security of Company assets
- Ensure that adequate insurance policy cover is arranged by the company for goods in transit and in stores
- Compliance of Legal Agreements as per SOP and ensure effective monitoring & tracking of Legal Agreements across function
- Ensuring Timely Payment to Suppliers, Vendors and Business Partners as per agreed PO Terms.
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Certified Course in Supply Chain
- Professional registration: KISM/IIMM / IFPSM / CIPS / APICS
- Work Experience (Years): Minimum 7 years Procurement function
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): Minimum 5 years in a similar role, specifically using SAP ERP
- Industry: Manufacturing, Steel, Cement, FMCG
Closing 03 August 2022
System & ERP Administrator – Mariakani
- Manage MRM ERP hardware & related connectivity environment
- Ensure efficient delivery of IT services through optimal support and administration of the IT infrastructure
- Manage the ICT Support Team & drive them to deliver robust, top class IT support services
- Implement desktop and server innovative solutions that utilize industry best practices to meet company objectives
- Adhere to established IT policies and assist in development and maintenance of procedures, guidelines in line with the policies
- Protect data integrity and protection through security appliance monitoring, backups and virus mitigation
- Support IT Officer in various ERP Business support tasks during his absence
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations as and when necessary
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelors in Computer related field
- IT Technical Certification such as CCNA/N+
- SAP ERP Management/BASIS Knowledge
- Experience required: Minimum of 5 years with Minimum 2 years’ experience specific to the position
Additional/specific work requirements:
- Ability to help resolve complex technical (software/hardware interface) issues and independently manage critical/complex situations
- Have a good understanding of business processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
Closing 03 August 2022
Fitter – Mariakani
- Carry out Scheduled Plant Maintenance works on mechanical equipment in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Carry out equipment installation, refurbishment and modifications of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Prompt execution of corrective maintenance tasks/handling of equipment breakdowns
- Preventive Maintenance Checks and reporting of abnormalities.
- Safe handling and of Tools and equipment provided.
- Maintain tidiness and general good housekeeping in plant & equipment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements :
- Craft Certificate in mechanical engineering/ Artisan/ Final proficiency certificate in Fitting.
- At least 2 years relevant experience especially in fitting and fabricating steel structures
- Good knowledge in Bearing servicing and maintenance
- Excellent Mechanical and fabricating skills.
- A team player and with good communications skills.
- Ability to work long and odd hours on shifts and under pressure.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications to plan fitting operations.
- Knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
- Basic machine trouble shooting skills.
- Autonomous maintenance culture.
Closing 03 August 2022
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.