Consulting Jobs, Communication Jobs, Career Opportunities, Latest Jobs Openings,
Urban Planning Consultant for Durable Solutions and Urban Regeneration
- Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, or any other relevant field to urban planning, urban management, architecture and/or civil engineering in conjunction with urban planning / urban design is a requirement
- At least three years working experience in urban planning, urban management and local governance and community planning matters required.
- Previous work experience related to Somalia or another country in post-conflict phase with protracted displacement at scale and/or with international agencies is a major asset.
Fluency in oral and written English is required
Intern – Communication and Digital Content
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office, Adobe).
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Preferred areas of studies: Communications, Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Languages, Education, International Relations, or similar relevant topic.
- Excellent communication skills is an asset.
- Experience in digital design tools and website management is an asset.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Academic experience in Communications, Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Languages, Education, International Relations, or similar relevant topic is desirable.
- Experience in website management is desirable.
- Experience in graphic design is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is desirable.