Jobs at United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON).
Jobs at United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)
United Nations and regional organizations; provides administrative and other support services to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat); provides joint and common services to other organizations of the United Nations system in Kenya, as applicable; and manages and implements the program…
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience1 – 5 years
- Job FieldHuman Resources / HR
- Takes over from the Talent Acquisition Unit and completes onboarding process of locally recruited candidates, processes personnel action (PA) for the candidate, prepares Letter of Appointment for signature and conducts new staff member induction, monitors contract expiration dates and processes requests for contract extension.
- Processes temporary and permanent movements and its related administrative actions, such as temporary assignments, and special post allowance (SPA); reviews eligibility and processes long-service step; initiates and processes locally administered separation (Separation PA and Separation Payment personnel actions) and hands over to payroll colleagues for final payments, UNJSPF/ASHI related actions, as applicable. Reviews and prepares submission of cases to the Pension Board for disability cases.
- Advises staff on UN entitlements and benefits; determines entitlements for staff based on contractual status; takes necessary action to maintain family status of staff members and administers respective entitlements by processing required personnel actions in Umoja. Monitors payment of dependency allowances and takes necessary actions to keep them up-to-date. Reviews requests for change of personal status and takes necessary actions.
- Reviews and approves maternity leave requests and takes necessary actions; establishes paternity leave quota; certifies sick leave up to 20 days and monitors sick leave entitlements; reviews and approves requests for special leave without pay (SLWOP); reviews and processes other types of special leave; and administers danger pay for locally recruited staff; follows up with respective Time Administrators to monitor attendance records as required; liaises with Joint Medical Services and client offices to reconcile sick leave records.
- Monitors implementation and compliance with existing regulations through review of personnel actions processed in Umoja; monitors Umoja Enterprise Central Component (ECC) reports and staffing tables for a variety of human resources activities, e.g. appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, temporary and permanent movements, special post allowances, expiration of appointments, retirements and other separations from service, including disability and death cases; advises staff members regarding conditions of service and entitlements. Refers complex cases to the supervisor and the Operational Support Desk (OSD).
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting; Ability to perform analysis, modeling and interpretation of data in support of decision-making; Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps; Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations; Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Supplemental training in human resources, administration or related area is required.
Job – Specific Qualification
- Supplementary courses or additional training and certification as ERP Human Resources (HR) partner is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two (2) years for candidates with a first-level University degree.
- Experience in the use of a staff member administration module (entitlements and benefits) in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- Work experience in administering staff entitlements and benefits in a large international organization similar to the UN is desirable.
- Work experience in serving staff members in geographically dispersed locations is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- NOTE: “Fluency equals a rating of “fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ” Knowledge of” equals a rating of ” confident” in two of the four areas.
Deadline : Nov 26, 2023
- Job TypeFull Time
- QualificationBA/BSc/HND , Diploma
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldEducation / Teaching
- UNRC is seeking a lifeguard cum swimming instructor to provide professional lifeguarding service as well as swimming coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and guests. The incumbent works towards creating excellence in the fitness centre reporting directly to UNRC Manager.
Responsibilities will include.
- Providing professional life guarding services to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests. The lifeguard works towards creating excellence in the Fitness Centre reporting directly to the Head Instructor
- Maintaining constant surveillance of members in the swimming pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of members in the event of emergency.
- Providing first aid care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Always presenting a professional appearance and attitude and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performing various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Provide professional swimming activities that include coaching, teaching classes and program design to United Nations Recreation Centre members and or guests.
- Carrying out swimming lessons for both members and non-members.
- Double-checking that the administrative assistants at the reception reserve swimming lesson bookings correctly.
- Promoting swimming lessons to both members and non-members for purposes of increasing sales.
- Recording all the services rendered to members for purposes of accountability.
- Have a client database or profile in his/her record.
- Advice clients on swimming related matters.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Certificate/Diploma is required.
- Certificate in swimming training, lifeguarding is required.
- CPR/first aid Certified is required.
- Certificate/Diploma in lifeguarding and swimming instructor or related qualifications is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a reputable organization / setting offering fitness or related services is required.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.