Jobs at United Nations Office for Project Services (3 Positions), Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs, UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Jobs at United Nations Office for Project Services (3 Positions)
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners in the aid world.
HR Specialist (Roster)
- Advanced University degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, social or behavioral sciences Or;
- First University degree in related fields combined with 7 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional-level human resources experience, including HR advisory services, in a major area(s) of human resources management in an international, public or corporate organization at the national and/or international level is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in an international environment leading teams is required.
- Relevant experience in a multicultural setting is desirable;
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office) as well as web-based management systems is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another, official UN language is desirable.
Human Resources Officer (Roster)
Summary of the key functions
- Implementation of HR strategies and policies
- Effective HR management
- Personnel performance management and career development
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provides support to the implementation of HR strategies and policies focusing on achievement of the following results;
- Full compliance of HR activities with UN rules and regulations, UNOPS policies, procedures and strategies; effective implementation of the internal control, proper design and functioning of the HR management system;
- Elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management, control of the workflows in the HR Unit;
Provides support to effective human resources management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Oversight of recruitment of UNOPS personnel;
- Information to UNOPS staff on the conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the UN Staff Rules and Regulations;
- Act as the focal point for all third party personnel contracting;
- Support to management of International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to the HR Unit;
- Information and supports planning of Regional Office or Operations/Project Centre staffing needs for inclusion in the staffing table;
- Liaison with other UN agencies as and when appropriate to ensure consistency with other UN–wide regulations and rules;
- Preparation and/or review of human resources submission requests to LCPC, in accordance with relevant Procurement/HR guidelines;
- Ensure timely and accurate availability of information to the payroll team to ensure all personnel salaries are paid on time;
Personnel performance management and career development
- Ensures effective performance management – for direct reports/HR Assistant
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on HR-related topics;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in human resources;
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the overall efficiency of the Hub in human resources management and success in introduction and implementation of HR strategies and policies. Accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, its dissemination, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and maintains high staff morale. It enhances credibility of UNOPS as an effective and efficient organization in the HR sector.
- First level university degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Administration or related field is required;
- A minimum of two years of experience in professional-level recruitment and/or HR generalist services in an international, public or corporate organization is required;
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is an asset;
- Proficiency in the usage of google suit application and experience in the use of HR information systems, Enterprise systems, OneUNOPS is desired;
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required.
Human Resources Trainer – Retainer
- Master’s degree in leadership, Change management, Communication, Human Resources Management, Education, Business Administration, International Relations, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in training needs assessment, organizing and delivering a variety of trainings, sound knowledge and experience of delivering coaching at various levels is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in expertise in Human Resources, Organizational Development and an understanding of Performance Management, Career Development is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in designing and developing adult learning materials/resources/guideline is required.
- It is preferable that the individual has experience with, or in, multilateral institutions
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills is desired.
- Proven competency in public speaking, team building, conflict resolution, leadership development, and collaboration skills is desired.
- Demonstrates professional competency and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and meeting results is desired.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of any other UN official language is an added advantage particularly Portuguese.
Contract type: Individual Contractor Agreement ( ICA)
- Contract level: LICA-10/ ICS 10
- Contract duration: Ongoing ICA – Retainer contract (Home-based) – ‘One year initially, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability’
How to Apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.