Jobs at University Of Nairobi,
Jobs at University Of Nairobi
The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established under the Universities Act 2012 of the laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter, is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region.
Child Health Lead
REF – AD/8/83/22
The Child Health Lead will provide high technical assistance to supported sites and communities to optimize outcomes for child survival and development.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree with five (5) years’ work experience in the field of HIV programming OR a Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine/Nursing with seven (7) years or more work experience in the field of HIV programming
- Postgraduate training in Child Health or Public Health (maternal-child health specialization) is desirable
- A current and valid practice license.
Terms of appointment
This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience
REF – AD/8/84/22
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens
- Receiving/collecting, labelling and registering of specimens
- Transferring specimens for processing and analysis
- Dispatching the results for clinical management
- Storing blood, microbiological specimen/cultures and other body products according to their requirements
- Decontaminating working benches
- An applicant must have a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Must have a valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- Should have a Certificate in Computer Applications
- He or she should have one (1) year experience supporting laboratory activities in donor funded programs
Terms of appointment
This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent
How to apply
- Applicants should email their application letters, certified copies of certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
- Applications and related documents should be forwarded through applicants’ Heads of Departments, where applicable, and be addressed to the Director, Human Resource, University of Nairobi.
- Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
- The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as one file in PDF.
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 17, 2022