Jobs Open at Equity Bank Kenya,
Jobs Open at Equity Bank Kenya
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services, Jobs at Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. Open Jobs
- How to apply
Senior Security Solutions Architect (Re-Advertisement)
The Senior Security Solutions Architect’s primary responsibility will be to interpret business requirements into a technical security solutions framework and to provide technology roadmaps governed by strategic direction, business requirements as well as resourcing and financial constraints. He/ she will specify and design more complex solutions based on their technical expertise across multiple security domains.
The Senior Security Solutions Architect’s security solution are optimally implemented to meet desire objectives as well as supervise the team function to archive team deliverables
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Design security solution for delivery
- Coordinate the team deliverables
- Design and document hybrid security solution for the now and future
- Evaluate opportunity for alignment with our vendor’s capabilities and business policy
- Prepare the executive summary that outlines all of the information gathered from various business and technical team in regards to their needs as we understand them
- Document the proposed technology solution
- Document the statement of work along with all labour requirements
- Perform the actual solution design and prepare a parts list outlining equipment to be provided.
- Develop and manage a proof-of-concept as such may be required
- Engage all technical resources required for an accurate solution design
- Document all deliverables and what constitutes a successful completion
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Create and Assist in creation of planned maturation of technical capabilities aligned to Agency strategic goals
- Designs and implements solutions’ infrastructure, configuration, prototypes and production deployment and handoff
- Participate in the creation of technical demos, briefings, and oral presentations materials
- Technical thought leadership and SME value to client interactions
- Provide architecture, engineering, and implementation support for solutions to include vulnerability scanning and assessment products, continuous monitoring products, tools and activities, and risk assessment and reporting products and capabilities
- Integrate existing security products with new hardware and software introduced to managed systems and services within the environment
- Provide security reviews for the acquisition, installation, fielding, training, and operation of various products to include hardware, software, and licenses
- Understand information security trends
- Document and communicate security solution roadmap to Head of department and the business
Knowledge and Experience
- A Degree or its equivalent in Information Technology, Network Security, Enterprise Network Management, Information Security, Management Information System Computing, Engineering or similar area of study
- Relevant industry certifications in information security program and governance as well as PMP will be an added advantage
- Minimum of Eight (8) years of computer information technology experience.
- Minimum of Four (5) years of experience engineering and designing IT security solutions
- Minimum of 1 year working as a business analyst in technical security and IT
- Good understanding all the information security domains
- Experience of identifying and managing technology security risk
- Certification like CISSP, CISA, CCISO, SABSA will be of advantage
Key Critical Competencies
- Ability to know when to implement solutions with consideration to the wider impacts i.e. risk, cost, customer impact, timescales, etc.
- Excellent negotiation, and written and verbal presentation skills
- Ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders
- Good Analytical skills, Problem solving and Interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of enterprise application development security controls
- Good knowledge of Telco convergence business, FinTech network traffic consumption and OpenAPI
Closing: 29 Sept 2022
Senior Manager Credit Risk Underwriting
Senior Manager, Credit Risk Underwriting at Equity Bank Kenya Limited (EBKL) will serve as a point of contact between Business Origination and Credit Risk Underwriting Units. The purpose of the job is to enhance the quality of the loan portfolio within all lending units.
Reports to the Associate Director Credit Risk Underwriting
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITY
Credit Risk Underwriting
- Procure approvals through preparation and presentation of Corporate credit proposals (Project Finance Facilities, Mortgages Facilities, Asset Finance Facilities, Trade Finance & Agri-based Facilities) to both the Executive Credit Committee (EXCO) and the Board Credit Committee (BCC).
- Ensure Facilities approved are within the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and where there are breaches of policy, there is adequate identification and mitigation
- Review approval papers such as Indicative Term Sheets and Letters of Offer.
- Review and structure requests for non-funded facilities (Letters of Credit & Guarantees) in liaison with the Trade Finance Department.
- Review requests for Treasury Limits in liaison with the Treasury Department.
- Support the Bank’s Debt Recovery Unit to ensure that requests relating to delinquent facilities e.g. interest stoppage, restructuring and refinancing, are processed in good time.
- Reviewing of offer letters for Facilities approved by the Corporate ExCo and Board Credit Committee and ensuring that the conditions of sanctions that binds the Borrower have been captured correctly.
- Work closely with the Legal Department and the Central Disbursement Team to ensure that timely due diligence and security perfection is done, and that all post-sanction conditions have been met prior to disbursement of facilities.
- Ensuring Turn-Around-Times (TATs) as per agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for assessment of Credit Applications referred to Credit Risk Underwriting section from Branches, Corporate Credit, Treasury/Trade Finance Departments and Subsidiaries (Bank and Non-Bank).
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments that impact risk and lending processes and ensure the Bank is in compliance with local and international (where applicable) regulatory requirements.
- Monitor local, national and international economic and/or political indicators as they affect lending decisions/processes.
- Research and obtain sufficient and appropriate information for evaluating business risk
- Maintain financial information on loan accounts including financial covenants, spreads and interim reports.
Ensuring compliance with Bank Loan policies
- Ensuring implementation of effective controls over the credit process to ensure a robust control environment.
- Ensure policy breaches/ exemptions are properly authorized at the correct level.
- Proactively review credit facilities/risks and advise Associate Director Credit Risk Underwriting on the findings
- Proactively improve the Bank’s credit portfolio through continuous and never ending improvement.
- Work with other units to ensure good customer service while maintaining appropriate risk Management culture in the Bank.
- Provide technical advice or other assistance to all stakeholders in the Bank as needed.
Skills required to undertake the role
- Credit Management and monitoring skills
- High level of negotiation skills to be able deal with different stakeholders.
- Financial analysis skills and understanding of the Credit Policy and lending Policies
- Presentation skills & interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure, conflicting priorities and manage constant changes.
- Ability to handle and manage complex credit transactions and offer solutions to the Bank
- Ability to manage/balance between business development needs with sound portfolio management and justify rationale for recommended transactions
- Knowledge of the Banking products, services, policies and or any other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role.
- An in-depth knowledge of the bank’s products relating to all credit products
- Excellent understanding of local lending framework
- A good knowledge of CBK’s prudential guidelines as pertains to lending.
- Excellent knowledge of general banking procedures and policies as well as regulations.
- In-depth understanding of business environment and financial markets
- A good knowledge of the Banking operating procedures and approval process
- A general knowledge and awareness of the current business trends and practices
- A general knowledge of the Bank’s vision and focus especially in relation to Business development and Management of risks
EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, finance or accounting. Master’s Degree, Professional Banking or Accountancy not limited to AKIB/ACIB CPA, ACCA or CFA will be an added advantage
- At least 15 years of Credit experience of which 5 must be at credit risk analysis
- High data rationality, detail consciousness with high analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to interpret financial and legal documents.
- Good computer skills
Closing: 26 Sept 2022
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.