Jobs Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited,
Jobs Vacancies at Absa Bank Limited
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services / Jobs at Absa Bank Limited
Absa Bank Limited (Absa) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. Absa offers personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bancassurance.
Head of IT Service Management
Overall Job Purpose:
- To deliver & execute IT Service Management Strategy. To lead a consolidated team of Technology Operations, including, Core Banking Operations, Service Desk, Application Support, IT Operations and End User Device Support.
- To deliver & execute the Operations Stakeholder Management Strategy liaising with partners, suppliers, frontline & other colleagues. Ensuring regular and effective communication.
- To provide leadership in Technology Risk Management. Ensuring timely asset patching.
- To develop and own the country Technology Operations based on the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management framework and regional service desk set up in BSS with the aim of lifting the Capability Maturity Measurement Index, (CMMI) maturity of the Service Delivery department to level 4. The role also includes the management of Enterprise tooling, Continual Service Improvement as well as Asset and Configuration Management.
- To drive and execute the strategy to service monitoring. To direct and manage the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of the monitoring systems and tools including necessary hardware (H/W), software (S/W) and network infrastructure to enable the use of appropriate platform technology, as an integral and reliable component of business process within country. Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects and liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
Accountability: Delivery Service Management and Reporting
- Manage end-to-end ownership, to ensure that all technology requirements are met for day-to-day systems use, performance and maintenance, enhancements and change projects with adequate service level agreements in place for Country and the Shared Services hub.
- Programme manage implementation of major system changes (e.g. Shared Service hub build out) including contracting with internal and external providers.
- Ensure services escalation framework is developed and maintained for all Technology services across Country.
- Document a consolidated view of stakeholder Service Management capability requirements.
- Analyse and document the Service Management requirements for each Service Delivery discipline and align to BSS Technology service hub.
- Identify and develop high level themes and commonalities within the Service Delivery Service Management framework and align to regional service hubs.
- Develop a deployment Roadmap to deploy the service improvement framework
- Document and communicate the service catalogue and its dependencies to the staff
- Assure timeously service reporting to regional team on service (Daily, Weekly and Monthly)
- Resolve high-level issues within the Country through providing mitigative actions and driving the implementation of these actions
- Ensure high standards of Technology services are delivered by managing and monitoring the Technology Service Level Agreement (SLA), interact with Sourcing to acquire quality contracts with third party vendors to support design and development of products to delivery high level of service to business
- Understand over all business dynamics, to provide optimal delivery across the business units and utilise shared services centre. Ensure that the successful end-to-end delivery of technology change within the country through effective service delivery and sector project delivery.
- Agree and manage service offerings and Service Level Agreements in conjunction with internal customers (agree annually and measure monthly).
- Plan the Technology resource requirements for the country (including people, Capex, Opex, systems and Strategic Investment), negotiate and secure its allocation to the business unit and ensure delivery based on the promised business results.
Accountability: Service Management, Tools & Architecture
- Develop, implement, and maintain an integrated set of Service Management processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain IT operations processes that integrate with the abovementioned Service
- Management processes
- Develop, implement, and maintain architecture for the underlying technologies to enable and support the Service
- Management and IT operations processes
- Action, drive and implement Disaster Recovery (DR) for all aspects to ensure ongoing production and quick turnaround times in cases where there is system down times e.g. Severity 1 and Severity 2 etc.
- Align efforts with domain architects and Managers to ensure domain standards and policies are aligned with the ITIL implementation design
- Document the synergies that exist between the country service teams and regional service teams.
- Work with Service Managers to satisfy domain requirements
- Influence the Infrastructure, Africa Technology strategy by staying abreast of industry trends and role players and ensure that the Business Unit is well positioned to provide competitive and industry leading services
- Facilitate and provide a consolidated strategy on Service management tools to enable: –
- Business Service monitoring
- Command Centre Visualisation & Portals
- Application Monitoring
- Availability and performance
- Service Management
- Display a sound understanding of the social and political landscape surrounding country Technology activities and identify how these would impact on existing and or planned transformation initiatives
Accountability: Facilitate a governance role
- Ensure that all architectures are signed off by Service Management architect in Service Delivery.
- Participate in existing and new governance forums e.g., SIDF (Services Infrastructure Design Forum), TACC
- (Technical Architecture Control Council), IRPC (Infrastructure Replacement Council)
- Sell and motivate the implementation of service improvement plans/ initiatives.
- Ensure signoff of Service Management artefacts by domain architects in the regional office.
- Establish a mechanism for the measurement of stakeholders in their adherence to the defined Service Management principles
- Participate in the formulation and clarification of Statements of Requirements, and any subsequent activities such as Proof of Concepts or product evaluations, by managing, controlling and supporting the interface role between vendors and other IT departments or Business units as regards Service Management related technologies and services
- Participate by leading, managing and giving the Barclays Technology view and position in the negotiations between the vendors and Sourcing as regards Service Management related technologies and services
Accountability: Business and Cost management
- Allocate duties to team members to achieve operational targets including prioritisation and work schedules
- Based on gaps identified, motivate requests to the manager for additional resources including people, budget and equipment
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the country strategy and explain it to team members in such a way that they understand the contribution they have to make
- Explain targets and take accountability for the monitoring and achievement of performance objectives in the department in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, cost performance, return on investments, risk, and compliance and governance requirements. Create quarterly and monthly plans to ensure delivery for the year
- Rigorously monitor expenditure against approve budgets and put measures in place to address variances. Continuously identify areas for improved efficiency and reduced cost
- Conduct basic statistical analysis to track performance variances and determine the root causes of errors. Make recommendations for productivity or process enhancements to process owners
- Implement productivity improvement measures by coaching staff on any new processes or on their areas for improvement
- Populate balanced scorecards for the specific department monthly. Work with the team to address shortcomings during the next month. Escalate any major issues identified to the next level manager
- Participate in the measurement and reporting of internal and external Service Level Agreements on a monthly basis. Address any process failures specific to the department under management
Accountability: Risk Management
- Build relationship with country Technology Risk and Compliance team and provide support wherever required.
- Coach team members on all the processes and controls that they must execute in their daily work and ensure that they understand the reasons for the controls and the consequences for failing to adhere to prescribed processes.
- Test a sample of activities on a weekly basis by reviewing documentation and checking work completed by team members to see if control requirements are being adhered to. Coach the team members on areas for improvement and highlight major failures to the manager of the area
- Provide evidence/supporting documents to auditors or management assurance consultants during formal reviews
- Identify losses due to processing errors or internal fraud in the department. Escalate to the manager and provide all the required information to allow logging of the Risk and Loss events. Participate in the investigations
- Explain the requirements for Business Continuity to team members, nominate team members to participate in BCM tests
- Make team members aware of all changes to policies, processes and procedures that are being planned for the area and ensure that they can incorporate the changes on the effective date. Ensure that team members read circulars that are relevant to the area and answer questions they may have.
Accountability: People Management
- Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching. Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
- Determine and analyse development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
- Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
- Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met. Plans should be revised at least twice a year.
- Review and update the department’s organisation structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
- Motivate to and obtain approval from Head Africa Technology and Information Risk for any additional headcount for the team.
- Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage.
- When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources when required.
- Resolve grievances rose by team members and escalate only if required.
- Address poor performance of any team member through the formal Performance Accelerator programme and ensure that continued poor performance is appropriately dealt with.
- Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognised.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) actions for the team.
Education and experience required
- B.Comm and or BSc
- ITIL Managers Certification or Equivalent
- Architecture Framework Certification (e.g., TOGAF The Open Group Architectural Forum 8.1).
- Subject Matter Expert Qualifications
- ITIL v3 Expert
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in IT exposure
- Minimum of 5-year service management experience
- Minimum of 3 years exposure to Architecture Planning
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading and sponsoring large change
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Leadership role
Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
- Translate Bus Requirements to Tech Solutions ( Solid)
- Negotiation Skills ( Solid)
- Strategic Thinking ( Solid)
- ITIL – Governance Framework ( Solid)
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal) ( Solid)
- Subject matter expertise ( Solid)
- Understand the IT service delivery within a corporate environment ( Advanced)
- Conceptual thinking skills ( Solid)
- Ability to analyse, make decision and initiate act ( Solid)
Competencies: (Maximum of 8 competencies)
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Creating and innovating
Closing: 20 August 2022
To provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards.
Key Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
Business Growth – Time split 60%
- Understand and implement business strategic initiatives for the branch aimed at increasing new business and wallet share from existing customers.
- Have a clear understanding of all Retail and Business Banking products that could satisfy customer needs.
- Manage portfolio risks in line with banks portfolio appetite.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of sales initiatives with other business functions i.e. Direct sales team, Asset Finance, CIB, Bancassurance to maximise on cross-selling and better customer profiling opportunities.
- In conjunction with the branch manager, Industry heads, products, conduct product review and development through constant feedback from the market.
- Continuously conduct market intelligence to identify new markets, customer trends, new government / directives and changes in policy by regulators.
- Contribute in the development of branch sales strategy.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships.
- Actively seek to grow own portfolio and cross sell to ensure delivery of set Targets.
- Appraise and promptly address customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution as per the set standards.
- Ensure quality sales and new to bank accounts within your portfolio are promptly funded at customer onboarding.
- Continuously monitor own performance against targets agreed on a daily basis for new and existing clients. Initiate appropriate action plans to address any shortfalls in performance.
- Operationalise campaigns as required with the Branch Manager and the business.
- Ensure excellent customer experience at all times
- Drive business targets through strict TAT observance and high level service delivery standards.
- Should not advise an existing customer to open a similar account in their respective Branches with a view of moving funds between the accounts.
- Should not close an existing account in your Branch/domiciled in another Branch with a view of re-opening a similar account.
- Accounts re-streaming should be carried out in line with the Banks policy.
- Together with BM, create ownership of the branch performance targets. Agree branch execution plans/strategies and ensure they are aligned to the Banks overall strategy- Growth, Transformation and Returns.
Customer Experience -Time split 20%
- Ensure excellent customer experience is maintained at all times.
- Ensure set TAT in account onboarding and loan processing is achieved at all times.
- Appraise and promptly act on customer issues /complaints escalating as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure set TAT on response to customer queries on phone, email or by letters is strictly adhered to.
- Ensure customer data is up to date at all times
- Ensure branch NPS score are maintained as per the set standards
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, co-ordinate branch initiatives aimed at gathering feedback from customers on service standards and advise leadership for improvements
- Monitor service to ensure customers are served within acceptable waiting time having a work plan for both peak and off peak periods.
Internal Controls & Risk Management -Time split 10%
- Ensure that the Absa bank¡¦s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times when handling different products.
- Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML Processes with regards to new and existing business and that proper documentation is in place.
- Ensure compliance with Operations Risk requirements to avoid losses arising from operational lapses.
- Manage costs within your area of operation.
- Effectively carry out branch snapchecks as assigned by the assistant branch manager.
- Ensure new business is properly booked and all income due to the Bank in terms of charges, commissions, fees are collected as per current tariff.Accurate customer information is captured in the core banking system.
Capacity Building & People Management – Time split 10%
- In conjunction with the Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager and other branch colleagues create a conducive work environment, team work and effective succession opportunities to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure the assigned e-learning and internal training activities for self and direct reports undertaken within set timelines.
- Determine and manage Training Needs Analysis and own succession planning.
- Manage your own leave by working closely with your Line Manager
Ideal Job Competencies
- Technology Skills; Knowledge of computerized banking applications and spreadsheets
- Conceptual and analytical skills;Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to details
- Risk management;Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by implementing appropriate risk management policies for the bank
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework; Top nick understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CBK, KBA, KRA etc
- Basic Credit Skills; Good knowledge of personal and business credit underwriting and portfolio management
- Audit standards & Legislation; Good knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislation
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations; Well rounded knowledge of all the Banks products, operations and processed and excellent knowledge of bank policies and procedures to consistently achieve the required compliance standard.
Behavioural and Cognitive Competencies
- Results and achievements oriented; Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others he/she leads to optimize employee productivity. Ability to effectively plan and monitor the branch performance using defined system and processes
- Leadership and Management Skills; Ability to strive for growth through performance, nurture and grow talent for self. Capability to mentor and manage changes. Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication. Teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer service oriented culture
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills; Well-developed oral and report-writing skill, ability to work with others. Effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (Internal/external), and other stakeholders who impact on performance.
- Negotiation & Selling Skills; Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always win/win. Negotiate with customers on product offering to grow customer numbers/value and product uptake
- Human Resource Management Skills; Basic leadership skills, team building and ability to train, develop, lead and work with highly motivated teams
- Personal Ethics; Must be honest, fair, just but firm with self, and of high integrity
- Relationship Management;Managing client relationships so as to ensure excellent customer experience leading to value add to the customer and increase in the Banks share of wallet
- Conscious of banks reputation; Protect and enhance the banks reputation
Closing: 22 August 2022
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.