Jubilee Insurance Senior Actuarial Analyst,
Jubilee Insurance Senior Actuarial Analyst
Jobs in Insurance, Jobs at Jubilee Insurance
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Senior Actuarial Analyst
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Nairobi
- Job Field: Insurance
Job Ref. No: JHIL084
- The main purpose is to evaluate and provide advice to Jubilee Health Insurance Limited regarding product development and pricing activities, risk modelling, reserving, data analytics, adequacy of reinsurance arrangements and compliance with related statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Providing advisory on the insurer’s actuarial and financial risks.
- Evaluating and providing advice on risk modelling and use of internal models where applicable.
- Providing guidance on the selection of key actuarial assumptions.
- Pricing of insurance contracts.
- Product development, reviews and advisory
- Experience monitoring
- Support on data analytics
- Reserving of Claims and Premium Liabilities
- Scenario and sensitivity testing.
- Providing guidance on adequacy of reinsurance arrangements
- Developing and tracking pricing actuarial analytics
- Maintaining and developing effective actuarial reports of historical performance.
- Assist in IFRS 17 implementation.
- Maintaining and distribution of actuarial reports.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information in accordance with privacy laws and regulations.
- Adhere to ethical standards and maintain professional conduct while dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.
- Engaging in ongoing professional development activities to enhance knowledge and skills in actuarial, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance.
- Foster effective working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of accountability and responsibility within the actuarial function.
- Serve as a role model for exceptional customer service and professionalism.
- Change Management: Assist in driving change initiatives within the quality assurance team and the broader organization. Help team members adapt to changes and foster a culture of agility and continuous improvement.
- Business Acumen
- Performance Driven Individual
- Market Awareness
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite & Packages. Knowledge of programming language will be a plus.
- Passed at least 5 Actuarial examinations.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience in a similar position.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 3 rd August 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.