Junior Developer Associate at SunCulture Kenya Ltd,
Junior Developer Associate at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied, Jobs at SunCulture Kenya Ltd
Since the sale of our first kit in 2013, SunCulture has been on a mission to help smallholder farmers in Africa improve both crop yields and quality. We are driven to constantly innovate and improve our technology to make solar powered irrigation solutions truly affordable for the millions of farmers on the continent
Junior Developer Associate
About the role
- Assisting the development team with all aspects of software design documentation and coding.
- Design work flow diagrams for various internal systems.
- Provide support to Quality Assurance activities.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings.
- Gathering and incorporating feedback from users, leadership, and partner organizations
- Ability to present work to potential investors or grant managers externally
Does this sound like you?
- 1 year + of experience of delivering web based technologies
- Within the East African time zone by about 2 hrs on either side
- Proactive, collaborative, detail-oriented, organized, curious, problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
- Good presentation skills and the ability to gather feedback from leadership level staff
- Strong communication – Must have excellent verbal and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level
- Exposure to technical development tools e.g Slack, Jira, Github will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge of relational databases
- Not afraid to fail and get up again. When you fail you communicate early and with actionable context.
- Previous exposure to or preference of working in a fast paced agile environment.