Career Opportunity: Head Teacher- Junior Secondary School
An established school in Nairobi located in South B, Nairobi is looking for a self-driven, energetic, competent, and motivated educational leader who will provide professional, supervisory, and administrative leadership for their upcoming Junior Secondary School.
School Head Teacher
Reporting to the School Board of Directors, the Head teacher will be responsible for leadership, supervisory and management of the Junior Secondary school.
He/she will be responsible for driving the school growth initiatives and new markets.
The candidate will define the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and oversee the plans for interpreting the school curriculum.
- Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood, and acted upon effectively by all
- Oversee curriculum implementation in line with the school procedures and ministry of education curriculum policies
- Lead the development and implementation of teaching approaches, methodologies, and schemes of work
- Develop annual school objectives/targets and quality indicators to ensure high quality education leading to strong student performance
- Set targets and goals for school staff through a participative process for all the teachers
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes
- Analyse and evaluate data on student performance and take appropriate action to improve teaching and learning outcomes
- Providing leadership in the various co-curricular activities and school-based events
- Maintain high level of discipline in the school for both teachers and students
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders
- Prepare termly school reports to present to the board of directors, working closely with school management to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy
- Foster a strong and positive school culture consistent with the school vision
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Bachelor of Education or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in leadership position in a school set up. Experience as a Senior Teacher or Head of department will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers, and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures with good coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively, and independently
- Pro-active and committed individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Registration with Teacher Service Commission (TSC).
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please also indicate your current and expected salary.
Applications should reach us not later than November 4, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.