Junior Secondary Teacher at Lutheran World Federation.
Junior Secondary Teacher at Lutheran World Federation
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF; German: Lutherischer Weltbund) is a global communion .The Department for World Service is the LWF’s humanitarian arm. It has programmes in 32 countries. The LWF is a member of ACT Alliance.
Junior Secondary Teacher
- Overall responsibility to implement and evaluate curriculum in Junior secondary school and impart knowledge, skills, develop personality and character that will provide a lasting and inspiring impact on their lives to develop positive attitude.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Curriculum implementation and evaluation
- Teach at least two learning areas.
- To prepare all professional records for curriculum implementation
- Develop teaching/learning resources for effective and motivating lessons
- Keep all records and use them to improve performance
- Conduct continuous assessment tests and terminal assessment mark and record results.
- Take lead in training children in co-curricular activities
- Participate in curriculum review
Training teachers on modern trends in special needs education
- Train teachers in new teaching pedagogy that is responsive to current trends in education
- Assist untrained incentive teachers develop basic theoretical and practical knowledge about the teaching profession.
- Train teachers on production of teaching and learning materials using locally available materials.
- Facilitate training of incentive teachers in maintenance of teaching and learning resources.
- Participate in workshops, training and teacher learning circles activities.
- Develop in the teacher the ability to communicate effectively.
Facilitate Community participation in promoting teaching and learning
- Guide parents to form parent’s groups for classes of their children
- Train parents of children on basic concepts on child upbringing
- Participate in PTA meetings for the schools where they work
- Involve the refugee community through the school PTA to support education
- Encourage the community to give girls equal chance in education through mobilization
- Encourage the school committee to make the school compounds environmentally friendly and barrier free.
Managing Classroom resources
- Ensure proper utilization any used equipment used during classroom instruction
- Ensure proper storage and safety of equipment after use by children
- Responsible for proper management of classroom resources issued for promoting teaching/learning environment i.e. textbooks, teaching aids and desks and others materials.
- Accountable for keeping proper and accurate lists of books issued to students and ensure school authority kept aware of any discrepancies.
Promote partnership with local educational Institutions
- Conduct community mobilization and sensitization on significance of primary education. Regularly monitor the attendance, scholastic performance and learning needs of the children in the school in close liaison with LWF Kenya program education SMT.
- Initiate close relationship with teachers of local Kenyan primary schools to share approaches for effective teaching in refugee-local schools
- Develop refugee inter-school competition in co- curricular activities as sports, games, drama and music festivals. Also train children so as to participate in games and sports.
Development of Human Potential in Students
- Prepare high achieving pupils for post primary education
- Develop the pupils’ potential abilities to their maximum through a variety of experiences.
- Develop in pupils’ an awareness and appreciation of innovation in the field of education and an ability to utilize them.
- Develop in the pupils’ an awareness of the principles which underline good human relationship and use of these in their dealings with the community.
- Prepare the pupils to face life with self-confidence and independence.
- Promote clear logical thought and critical judgment.
- Offer career guidance to pupils’.
- Conduct counseling for pupils’ in need of counseling. Liaise with parents of individual learners for effective delivery of counseling services.
- Work in a team spirit with other teachers to promote understanding of school mission and goals successfully.
- Establish closer relationship with other LWF Kenya program colleagues to establish a positive image of the LWF Kenya program education sector.
- Take advantage of the available opportunities in education to foster self-development professionally.
- Perform any other duty assigned to you by your immediate supervisor.
- Has full authority on matters pertaining to effective curriculum implementation in assigned classroom tasks.
- Has the mandate on what action should be taken against deviant learners.
- Advisor of the head teacher and education community teachers on all matters related to curriculum, teaching and co-curricular activities.
- Diploma in Education or B.Ed Arts or Sciences,
- Attained a C+ in KCSE
- Attained a C+ in the two specialized teaching subjects and must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission.