Senior Catering Manager Jobs, Jobs in Kenya, Latest Jobs in Kenya, Jobs Advertised Today, Government Jobs, NGO Jobs UN Jobs, Online Jobs, Freelance Jobs, Part Time Jobs, Full Time Jobs
Senior Catering Manager
Reporting to the Head. Inflight Services & Catering, the ideal candidate will be required to provide support and leadership to catering personnel and cabin crew to ensure safe, secure cabin operations that guarantees consistent and passionate service delivery.
- Establish Catering Charter, policies and procedures, to ensure catering staff execute duties in accordance with professional standards and code of ethics.
- Ensure all safety and security guidelines and regulations are observed and incorporated in all catering operations.
- Prepare and monitor an annual In-flight Implementation Plan to ensure efficiency of operations in line with catering business plans and the company cost budget.
- Develop, negotiate and execute catering contractual agreements with caterers to deliver the highest quality at favorable unit cost.
- Lead, motivate, guide, support and develop the catering team to enhance productivity & efficiency.
- Ensure development and maintain an annual schedule of meal presentations and flight kitchen hygiene audits for all catering stations in the network.
- Continuously evaluate the KQ in-flight product to determine how well the products and services meet customer satisfaction.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents, correctness of expenditure estimates, availability of resources for proposed commitments and compliance with approved budget and work plans.
- Sensitize entire Catering section to cost control by keeping them informed of cost variances.
- Identify new and follow up on performance of existing cost saving initiatives targeting specific areas of operation.
- Ensure coordination of catering operations of all Outstations.
- Ensure prompt response to all OTIs and Voyage reports that affect catering, that appropriate action with the service provider is taken and all findings are closed.
- Lead in menu development and implementation on a rotational basis across the network.
- Liaise with head of supply chain to ensure proper procurement of catering in-flight products and timely deliveries of all catering products both to home base and out stations.
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or related business field from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Food and Beverage management.
- Experience in Lean Management.
- Computer proficiency including use of databanks.
- Good business and commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Strong Organizational, Planning and Analytical Skills.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with the ability to drive change management.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client and customer services.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Strong work ethics.
- Results oriented.
- Achievement Drive & Initiative.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.