Key Stage 2 French Teacher – Prep School at St Andrew’s School,
Key Stage 2 French Teacher – Prep School at St Andrew’s School
St Andrew’s School, Turi is highly respected in Kenya and regarded as one of the leading international schools in East Africa. Numbering 550 pupils, it comprises two semi-autonomous schools: a Preparatory School of circa 220 pupils between the ages of 3 and 13 and a Senior School of circa 330 pupils between the ages of 13 and 18.
Key Stage 2 French Teacher – Prep School
St Andrew’s, Prep School is seeking to appoint a appoint a Teacher of French who will be responsible to the Head of MFL for the teaching of French to Years 3 to 6, as well as contributing across all areas of school life.
Their responsibility will be to provide the highest standards of French with the aim of achieving excellent value-added for each child through outstanding teaching and learning within the department. St Andrew’s Prep School follows the British Curriculum in terms of its French provision. In order to ensure French is relevant and pupils have opportunities to apply and develop their learning in dynamic and exiting ways, the successful candidate will participate in, contribute to and/or lead activities and trips.
Working at St Andrew’s Prep School is an exciting and dynamic experience. We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
There are some things that are essential to working with us. The successful candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos. They will have to have a good degree as well as a recognized teaching qualification, such as PGCE, and of course, the relevant experience. Beyond that we want to have staff who love working as part of a team; who are first class communicators and who are passionate about the subjects and the pupils they teach; who are creative and diligent in their planning; who are adaptable, energetic and resilient.
This post would suit an exceptional individual with experience gained as a Teacher of French who has a desire for greater challenge. Experience of working in a Prep School, or in boarding would be desirable, but not essential. Above all, what matters is a commitment to help us provide a world-class education for our children
- A good degree
- Recognized teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
- A demonstrable commitment to professional self-improvement
- Experience of teaching KS2 in French for at least 3years
- A proven track record of excellent teaching and classroom management skills
- Successful experience in raising student achievement and adding value.
- Current Head of Department
- Experience of teaching KS3 in French
- Experience of teaching Kiswahili
- Experience of boarding
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Well developed skills in developing pupils’ French speaking, writing and grammar
- Well developed ICT Skills
- Ability to use a range of teaching strategies to support the full range of educational needs.
- Evidence of being able to lead , manage and be responsible for initiatives/developments.
- Knowledge of current generic developments in teaching and learning.