KUCCPS Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal.
KUCCPS Recruitment 2023/2024 Application Form Portal
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified and eligible candidates for the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service (KUCCPS) recruitment 2023.
The Kenya Universities and colleges Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a corporate body established under the Universities Act 2012 to succeed the Joint Admissions Board (JAB). The Service is governed by the Placement Board. In the performance of its functions, the Placement Board seeks to promote equity and access to university and college education, by among other things, developing criteria for affirmative action, for the marginalized, the minorities and persons with disabilities. The placement Board also seeks to establish a criteria to enable students access the courses for which they applied taking into account the students’ qualifications and listed priorities. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Independent Part, a university or college may independently admit students to its programmes in accordance with its approved admissions criteria.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below;
- Manager, Human Resource and Administration
- Senior, Internal Auditor
Manager, Human Resource and Administration
REF. CODE KUCCPS 071/23
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Forecasting and planning on human resource needs of the Placement Service;
- Initiating best practices in the management of human resource function;
- Championing change management programmes in the Placement Service;
- Managing succession plans of the Placement Service;
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programmes; and
- Leading the placement service in formulating and implementing efficient Performance Management Systems;
- Formulating and reviewing administrative policies, strategies procedure and systems;
- Managing service contracts and service level agreements for outsourced services;
- Forecasting Placement Service’s needs for equipment, security and cleaning services;
- Overseeing the process of acquiring new service providers related to all outsourced services falling under administration section;
- Coordinating renewal of general insurance covers for vehicles, buildings and equipment;
- Ensuring efficient provision of transport, security and cleaning services in the Placement Service;
- Safeguarding the Placement Service’s assets;
- Facilitating Board and staff functions;
- Facilitating travel clearance, visas and other necessary travel documents for the Board ofDirectors and all staff traveling out of the country on official duties;
- Initiating the identification and acquisition of the Placement Service’s assets for repair, maintenance and disposal;
- Developing budget plans for Administration section;
- Overseeing the provision of efficient records management and information service in the Placement Service; and
- Coordinating the preparation of periodic progress reports.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have a minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience and at least three (3) years in a management position in comparable and relevant position;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Human Resource Management, personnel Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines is desirable:- Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from recognized institutions;
- Have a certificate in Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than (4) weeks.
- Have a professional qualification and be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Be proficient in Computer applications; and
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
Senior, Internal Auditor
REF. CODE KUCCPS 072/23
- Assisting in the development of audit annual work plans, assignment plans and programmes;
- Performing audit tests on the internal controls in accounting, administrative and operational procedures;
- Conduct system audits to provide assurance on the adequacy of controls to mitigate and/or manage the technology risk to acceptable levels;
- Providing independent assurance during system implementations/upgrades of systems;
- Offering consultancy services to management on controls-related issues with regard to system development and implementation, automation, business continuity and disaster recovery;
- Ensuring that the audit findings are properly documented;
- Preparing and issuing primary audit reports detailing audit findings;
- Interpretation of financial control and management resolution of the Placement Service;
- Reviewing and developing audit techniques and procedures for financial as well as comprehensive audits;
- Expressing opinions on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of all systems, controls procedures in place to achieve established objectives and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal control and reduce cost;
- Lead the provision of assurance on the implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework; and
- Manage assignment-level quality requirements in all audit work in conformance with internal policies and audit standards.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must:
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance or other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognised institution;
- Be in possession of the following: CPA (K), CISA or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- Be a member in good standing in any of the following professional bodies: ICPAK, CISA and CIA;
- Be strong in Information Technology related audit; and
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Having a certificate in a supervisory course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applications must be submitted online through the Placement Service careers portal: careers kuccps.net.
Interested applicants are required to create their profiles, duly fill the online application form and attach copies of their CVs, academic and professional certificates, clearance certificates and testimonials, before submitting their applications.
The application deadline is August 7, 2023 at 5pm.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and applicants from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more details, visit: https://careers.kuccps.net