Finance jobs, Administration jobs,Project Management, IT jobs,
Project Manager for Data Informatics and Analytical Solutions division
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The project manager is responsible for overseeing software development projects, while also leading the development of a standardized software development lifecycle management approach.
- Work with Project and Tech Leads in developing project scopes, evaluating technical feasibility of proposed solutions, planning the software development life cycles, develop deployment schedules and budget estimation. Work with the project and development team to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget and that any slippages are identified and mitigated on time.
- Determine and define clear roles and deliverables for team members required on specific projects, assign tasks and oversee their end to end execution
- Ensure that all user requirements, requested enhancements and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated and prioritized into the portfolio backlog, product backlogs and comprehensively logged as Epics, Features, Stories and Tasks on Jira.
- Manage User Stories at a portfolio level and ensure that they are sufficiently documented with clear acceptance criteria and that they are traceable to sprint backlogs.
- Facilitate Review sprints with Product Owners and other stakeholders to secure approval and acceptance from the Product Owners, and Retrospect sprints to capture lessons learned and actionable improvements applicable to future sprints.
- Champion the Voice of the User by supporting different teams in the consistent application of quality-focused software development and information product development approaches such as Behavior Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development and CI/CD practices.
- Analyze existing SDLC project management approaches including costing and budgeting.
- Lead the development and implementation of a standardized DIAS software development project management approach, including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Track implementation of the standard DIAS Software development Project management approach in DIAS projects
- Train and mentor project team members on agile techniques.
- Establish, refine, adapt, and manage software development and information technology operations (DevOps) processes and tools within the DIAS practice following the corporate Global ICT policies.
- Evaluate hardware and software technology options including cost benefit analysis and advise DIAS clients accordingly
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Project Management specifically relating to technology and data solutions or Business Analyst, Business Process Analyst or Scrum Master in a technical, data driven environment.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands on experience in software development and web technologies
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience working in a scrum team environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading scrum teams overseeing the end-to-end design, development and implementation of software solutions or the development of information products to implement at national scale.
- Experience with successful Agile techniques such as User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing etc.
- Experience using digital tools to manage projects such as Microsoft Teams, Planner, Jira.
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent skills and knowledge of servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Logical and lean thinking.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Bachelor’s Degree IT or a related field.
- Professional training in Agile Methodologies: Scrum preferred.
- Training on Lean or Six Sigma is an added advantage.
- Project management certification from an accredited institution. PMP preferred
Other Key Information:
- National and International travel will be required as necessary
Director, Finance & Operations (DFO)/Grants Manager -USAID/Kenya Health SS – Governance
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall management of administrative operations, including logistics, procurement, budgeting, finances, human resources, information technology, property, and security.
- Oversees sound and effective systems for project administration and operations, including grants, subcontracts, procurement, and compliance.
- Support COP to maintain effective working relationships with donors and key government officials related to finance and operations.
- Support the annual workplan process and other strategic planning processes.
- Coordinate budgeting processes for program activities and conduct continual analysis and planning of operating, staff, and external project expenditures.
- Manage the procurement process, including negotiating competitive prices and documenting decision-making processes in accordance with USAID and Palladium’s regulations.
- Monitor salaries and benefits to ensure they are in line with agreed budget plans and competitive compensation structure benchmarking studies.
- Ensure contractual obligations are sound and appropriate for project.
- Supervises financial operations and monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures.
- Prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID.
- Coordinates and manages the mobilization of short-term and long-term technical assistance and administrative staff.
- Develops internal control measures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at the headquarters and field levels.
- Conducts internal and coordinates external financial audits.
- Fluent writing, reporting, and presentational skills in English.
- Extensive senior-level experience managing finance, administration, grants management, and operations activities for complex and large-scale donor funded programs, particularly with subcontractors. Significant experience in the management of programs of the same complexity and size.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations, and reporting requirements
- Demonstrated experience with supervision and oversight of subgrants and subcontracts
- Demonstrated experience in management, supervision, and coordination of a team of senior finance, HR, and operations professionals
- Excellent knowledge of local labor laws and policy interpretation
- Advanced skills in budgeting and financial reporting with USAID programs and projects
- Knowledge of basic accounting software packages, advanced proficiency in Word and Excel
- Superior attention to detail: organizational skills, planning skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and critical thinking.
- Fluency in English.
Kenyan Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter in English.