Medicine jobs, Surgical jobs, Clinical Officer jobs,
Clinical Officer (4 positions)
Vacancy No. CRDR/01/10/22
⚫ Must have Diploma in Clinical Medicine and a registered Member with a valid practicing license
from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya
⚫ At least 2 year post-internship experience in clinical management of patients
⚫ Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite
⚫ Fluency in English, Swahili (and Luo languages for Siaya site)
⚫ Must be willing to reside in/within the study sites
⚫ Experience working in a research study
⚫ Certificate in “Good Clinical Practice” and/or “Human Subjects Protection”
⚫ ability to work well with the public, to work well in a team, and to collaborate with counterparts
⚫ Be flexible to work within the existing structures and rules of the clinics and hospitals
⚫ Willingness to learn and do requisite training on human subject protection.
Major duties and responsibilities:
⚫ Develop a good understanding of TB treatment, and provide clinical services to people living with TB.
⚫ Develop an in-depth understanding of the study’s goals and activities to conduct the study
⚫ Perform screening & consenting and enrollment of participants,
⚫ Perform physical examination, take medical history, prescribe medication and make follow up of enrolled participants
⚫ Make diagnoses and decisions on patient’s management according to study protocols and the
recommended national guidelines
⚫ Document applicable study data during all study procedures
⚫ Clinically manage ill participants and conduct clinical procedures and collect biological samples
Terms of employment:
Contract for one (1) year, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the
first 3 months. Salary negotiable depending on experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications should include the following:
⚫ Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
⚫ Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
⚫ Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
Applications should be sent to Deputy Director/PI, KEMRI (CRDR) TB VACC TRIALS, P.O. Box
47855-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Vacancy No. CRDR/02/10/22
Reporting to the Principal Investigator, the Medical Officers will be working with a team consisting of clinical officers, Nurses and community interviewers based in Siaya to recruit study participants in the clinical vaccine trials. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structures and standard operating procedures, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Excellent writing skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Flexibility to work long hours including weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to take personal initiatives and working with minimal supervision.
- Supervision and management of the study team, clinical and research operations of the study. Development of study related tools (SOPs, training materials), training of the study staff. Medical
- evaluation of those participants who fulfill the criteria for adverse events of special interest (AESI) and for reporting these events in a timely manner.
- Medical evaluation of children who suffer a serious adverse event and prompt reporting as required per protocol, also on weekends and during holidays Develop an in-depth understanding of the study design and goals and ensure that study is conducted in compliance with study protocols and other regulatory requirements.
- Attend to and give expert opinion on study patients in hospital and outpatient facilities.
- Conduct CMEs at the hospital and lead discussions with the clinical and nursing personnel Work harmoniously with non-study staff in the health facilities Assist with timely and accurate data collection and data entry.
- Collaborate with PI and institution to respond to any monitoring and audit findings and implement approved recommendations. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Study PI
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Contract for one (1) year, renewable as per KEMRI scheme of service. Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary negotiable depending on experience and demonstrated competency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized university.
- Registered by Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Ability to work with Computers and tablets
Method of Application
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
Applications should be sent to
KEMRI (CRDR) TB VACC TRIALS,
P.O. Box 47855-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.
Email: email@example.com. not later than 26th October 2022