Latest Job Opening at Plan International
NGO jobs, Plan International jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs,
Global Inclusion Specialist
As the Global Inclusion Specialist, you will support the Gender Transformative Policy and Practice Team Department to deliver an inspiring and collaborative approach that supports the integration of inclusion and intersectionality, particularly to Plan International’s programme and influencing work.
This work will intentionally build on and strengthen our priority focus on gender equality and girl’s rights as outlined in our global strategy All Girls Standing Strong Creating Global Change and aim to improve the lives of 200 million girls in the next five years.
In this global role, you will provide technical support and facilitate learning opportunities for staff in order to promote and encourage the application of commitments to inclusion outlined in the established Global Gender Equality and Inclusion Policy, and Plan International’s Gender Transformative Approach.
- Strong practical knowledge of the technical area of inclusion and intersectionality (of non-dominant identities), including people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC gained through post-graduate study and/or work and lived experience
- Demonstrated global/regional experience in taking the lead on Inclusion, especially working to advance the rights of young people who are LGBTQI+ and disability rights across thematic areas of health, education, protection of violence, and livelihood.
- Knowledge of relevant international frameworks and programme approaches that promote child rights, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
- Excellent understanding of tested learning approaches that promote reflective practice and stimulate individual and collective learning.
- Practical experience in activism and social mobilization.
- Effective networking, facilitation, training and collaboration skills, in a fast-paced cross-cultural environment.
- Experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including cross-functional teams.
- Strong English language skills are essential, while the ability to work in French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Actively promotes diversity, gender equality and inclusion.