Latest Job Opening at PowerGen Renewable Energy,
Latest Job Opening at PowerGen Renewable Energy
ICT jobs, PowerGen jobs,
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We uniquely combine our mission – to build Africa’s future energy system, while improving lives through smarter power – with technical, on-the-ground expertise and an innovative business model. We build, own and operate AC micro-grids and C&I solar projects to bring power to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With over 120 employees, a 7,500 sq. ft. workshop and offices in Nairobi, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, PowerGen is building a company that is set to have an impact on the energy sector in Africa for years to come.
As a Software Engineer you will play a critical role in supporting the company’s existing and future software products. You will be responsible for contributing to the ongoing development of our platform and participating in the daily process of the team. You will report to the Director of Product and work closely across the customer teams who are the primary users of our software.
What You’ll Make Happen:
The software team at PowerGen is responsible for customer management and data analytics. We integrate with a number of external API’s for payment processing and smart metering. The company is in an exciting growth phase and the software team is tasked with developing systems and processes that will allow the business to scale. We are hiring software engineers at all levels to support this growth. PowerGen is a company that encourages mentorship and career development. A skilled and self-motivated developer will be an asset to our team regardless of your level of experience.
We follow an Agile process, with a different member of the team running each Sprint. This gives everyone an exposure to project management and creates a shared sense of responsibility around delivering our products
What Excites You:
- Creating reliable and easy to use software
- Learning new technologies and skills
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking
- is encouraged
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do
- Being part of, and contributing to, a vibrant team culture
You should have some familiarity with web development and relational databases.
A successful candidate will be eager to learn new things, and you need not come in knowing our tech stack. Nevertheless experience in the following is relevant:
- Our core web services are written in Golang
- Relational databases especially PostgreSQL
- We also have a number of data analysis pipelines and ETL’s written in Python
- The user interface is React.js
- We use Azure for hosting, any cloud DevOps experience is meaningful
- Linux literacy
- Docker is a plus
The company is in the process of adopting Odoo as its ERP, any experience with that or its precursor OpenERP is particularly valuable to us.
What Excites You:
- Intense attention to detail and managing multiple and varied work streams at the same time
- Working collaboratively with many internal teams across multiple countries and offices to drive growth and operational excellence
- A fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm.
Benefits & Compensation
- Remote work
- On-the-job mentoring and learning opportunities
- Networking with experienced professionals
- Work experience for professional profile and resume
- Competitive annual compensation
- Annual holiday bonus
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Professional development opportunities internally and externally Individualized career development
- Performance feedback and open-door company culture