Commerce jobs,Marketing jobs,Business related jobs,Managerial jobs,
Head of Media Futures & Digital, EABL
Media and Digital Leadership
- Provide leadership and guardianship over media strategy, media investment, and media principles.
- Own EABL’s connections planning process to ensure delivery of key outputs ie. Fully integrated connection plans for the portfolio that marries creative and media placement and operates 100%, ‘no dead ends’ across the consumer journey.
- and translate them into briefs, as well as predict trends and campaign impact
- Influencing and building capability in order to drive effective media strategy that delivers category and brand growth.
- Lead the media investment decision making process using data and analytical tools to ensure optimal media funding for brands with future profit potential.
- Drive marketing effectiveness to ensure delivery of ROI on A&P spend by identifying vehicles to drive this.
- Oversee the performance of the media agency of record to ensure they are delivering on value, performance and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the Africa Digital Hub to deliver media performance across key workstreams, brands and markets in Africa.
- Champion Responsible Marketing to ensure 100% compliance across all media, digital and influencer marketing touchpoints.
- Provide leadership in execution of EABL’s digital transformational strategy, enabling brilliant consumer experiences across all EABL markets, bringing together marketing, commerce, data and technology.
- Be a change agent in growing the marketing function to be digitally driven in collaboration with Emerging Channels, D&T and global COEs.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, enhancements and fixes in marketing processes and providing possible digital solutions.
- Capability builder: improve media and digital literacy across commercial leaders and broader working teams. Simplifying complexity and codifying best-practice. Helping marketers use data to make better decisions.
- Lead and own the Media Agency relationship, locally and regionally (Africa) in collaboration with the Africa Digital Hub.
- Leadership and oversight of EABL’s in-house digital creative and connections team, Digitribe.
- Oversee management of the influencer marketing portfolio to ensure compliance, performance delivery and ROI.
Diageo Leadership Standards Expectations:
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others’ best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
- Proven experience setting a stretching digital agenda that empowers people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth.
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people’s perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 15+ years of relevant experience: You will speak the language of both Marketing and e-commerce and know how to join both worlds up effectively. You know what best practice digital looks like and have proven success driving a transformative agenda.
- Multi-market: Multi-market Africa experience driving digital transformation.
- At least 10 years’ experience managing teams (creative, agency, media)
Brand Manager – Reserve
- Compelling brand storytelling: Using storytelling to turn our Gin goals, strategy and plan into a compelling brand narrative which can capture the imagination of leaders, colleagues and partners to engage them in your vision and ambition for the brand
- Connection planning: Building the optimum brand experiences and identify the elements of the journey at which consumers can create moments crafted to re-enforce our portfolio distinctiveness, build cultural traction, and drive purchase.
- Excellence in social media: Demonstrating deep theoretical and practical user knowledge of social media and ability to use it to both facilitate more personal relationships with our consumers and distribute content fast, easily and cost effectively.
- Developing positive relationships: maximizing the power of combining Diageo capabilities and expertise with that of a broad range of external partners who have the skills, knowledge and influence to help us achieve our brand vision more effectively and cost efficiently than going it alone.
- Multi-channel planning and management: Leading multi-channel planning in order to optimise the mix of traditional and digital media and ensure a balanced media plan. You can supervise the performance of agency partners to ensure transparency and delivery of agreed metrics.
- Creative judgment: Applying expertise and judgment to evaluate potential brand communication ideas and associated content against a brief and judge whether they deliver the best possible comprehensive, integrated and scale solution which will have longevity in market
- Commercial acumen working collaboratively with sales commercial team, gathering market and industry insights that will positively impact the business. Have a drive and curiosity for scoping opportunities such as emerging channels
- Be authentic: consistency in own behavior, treat others fairly, show courage in the face of opposition, adapt to changing business needs and work with integrity:
- Consistently deliver great performance; be action oriented, set priorities, drive for results, and create collaborative relationships
- Connect to the Diageo purpose: reinforce the Diageo values, generate excitement and passion about our brands and take personal responsibility for brand quality
- Find solutions: creativity & decision quality, problem solving & process management and demonstrates commercial acumen
- Grow yourself; builds self-awareness and listens, learns from both experiences of success and failure, constantly works for self-improvement and proactively seeks feedback from others
- Develop, implement & monitor Marketing Business Plans.
- Monitor commercial brand scores and take proactive action on factors affecting the brand performance.
- Identify and recommend market research programme aimed at enhancing brand positioning.
- Analyzing market research data and taking corrective action to enhance the brand strategy
- Effectively manage all brand resources to generate growth.
- Develop and implement the brand communication strategy to build the brand equity scores and sustain consistent growth
- Monitor competitor activities and take appropriate corrective action
- Develop and implement brand renovation and extension strategy in line with changing consumer needs.
- Monitor brand profitability and take corrective action to deliver brand performance as per set targets.
- Monitor and report on brand expenditure and stay within set budgets.
- Plan and implement brand media strategy.
- Market intelligence through regular trade visits and utilizing this to enhance brand activities.
- Interaction with Global Brand Teams (where applicable) to give updates on brand performance and to build brand plans.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing or business degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience preferably in the FMCG environment.
- Experience in the development and execution of marketing strategies.