Insurance jobs, Accountant jobs, Finance jobs, Human Resources Management jobs, Actuarial Science jobs, Statistics, Jubilee jobs,
Operations Manager – Corporate Life & Pension
Job Ref. No. JLIL102
- Business Growth: Conserving existing corporate business by providing superior services and making regular visits to clients
- Relationship Management: Building strong business relationships with our existing clients and service providers by attending Board of Trustees meetings and Annual general meetings making presentations (administration and guaranteed fund reports).
- Statistical Analysis & Returns: Preparing summary/ statistical reports of the Retirement Benefits business & company wide statistics when required. Also preparing returns in respect of the Retirement Benefits schemes as assigned for submission within the timelines provided.
- Scheme Compliance: Ensuring all schemes are managed and administered in full compliance of existing legislation.
- Investments: Ensuring investment reports are prepared as per the service level standards. Attending clients meeting to explain Jubilee investment philosophy.
- Business Compliance: Ensure business is compliant with existing legislations.
- Provide leadership to the operations team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Statistics or any other related field
- Relevant Professional Insurance Qualifications
- Knowledge in investment reporting and corporate financial reporting
- Knowledge of legislation governing Retirement Benefits and Insurance business in Kenya
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience within the Insurance and Retirement Benefits Industry.
Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Job Ref. No. JHIL040
The role holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of financial reporting under IFRS 17 for Jubilee Health Insurance Company and will assist in ensuring seamless financial operations and adoption of IFRS 17 for the company.
IFRS17 Transition and Reporting
- Technical implementation plan, budgeting, and project management.
- Gap analysis, business & financial impact analysis.
- IFRS17 methodology position papers: On options & recommendations under non-prescribed technical decisions e.g., Level of aggregation, contract boundaries, risk adjustment, investment components, reinsurance contracts approach etc.
- Preparing papers for management & board approval for transition approach, budget, system requirements etc.
- Disclosure preparation under IFRS17 reporting requirements.
- Develop controls and documentation around estimates and judgement in IFRS17 implementation for data & results consistency, completeness, and accuracy.
- Determination of transition method from full retrospective, modified retrospective and fair value approaches.
- Model Jubilee financial statements under IFRS17 and comparatives to IFRS4.
- Setting up of the general ledger for the reporting on IFRS17 and OFA software.
- Training other members within the Company.
- Mapping of accounts, development of accounting reports/disclosures, documentation, and communication.
Projections and Budgeting
- Budget and control all IFRS17 costs.
Financial & Regulatory Reporting
- IFRS17 inputs to regulatory reports i.e., Quarterly returns to IRA and tax computations for KRA.
- Support stakeholders on all financial inputs and outputs (Actuarial, Finance, appointed actuary and audit/assurance teams) on IFRS17 reporting within monthly, quarterly & end year reporting timelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or any other related field.
- CPA-K or ACCA Qualification.
- Well versed with key accounting computer systems operations plus working on spreadsheets.
- Good understanding of IFRS 17 and experience in the implementation of IFRS 17 will be an added advantage.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in the Financial Services Sector and 5 years’ experience in external audit at a supervisory level
- Experience in reviewing and addressing gaps in insurance operations.
Senior Human Resources Business Partner (Operations)
Job Ref. No. JLIL101
The purpose of this role is to provide HR advice on different areas and facilitative leadership within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited. The role holder will ensure appropriate interpretation and execution of the organization’s people agenda and will work closely with Business Heads to deliver the Business Strategy through effective people practices. The role holder will also provide strategic leadership to Jubilee Life Insurance Limited by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team.
HR Business Partner
- Implementing the agreed strategic HR manpower plan, recruitment plan and ensure that HR plans are in tandem with the business plans.
- Conduct and advice on staff recruitment, selection, placement, and succession planning in line with business needs and plans.
- Analyzing the skills and qualities required for jobs and in liaison with line managers, develop job descriptions for all staff.
- Partner with business lines to identify core business skills and implement agreed strategies to ensure that employees are adequately and continuously up skilled to match the skills requirements.
- Assessing the training needs of employees and support to ensure implementation of the agreed intervention strategies.
- Monitoring the implementation of the training plans in technical and non-technical areas of the businesses.
- Assessing the impact of training on job performance using various methodologies and submit report for management decision making on a quarterly basis.
- Leading in the implementation and service delivery in benefits management, employee welfare, leave management and exit management in line with policies, processes, and procedures.
- Preparing and providing management reports for the Management and Board decisions in HR policies, processes and procedures while creating high standards in statutory and market compliance.
- Researching and advising on competitive compensation and benefits packages that are in line with contemporary market and competitor practices.
- Managing and monitoring Employee and Industrial Relations matters within the framework of the Kenya Labor
- Ensure timely and accurate collation, review, and approval of monthly inputs for the assigned payroll category
- Conduct thorough checks on payroll before payment to ensure accuracy and 100% data integrity
- Liaise with the payroll provider to ensure all checks and approvals and payments are processed within set timelines
- Ensure all statutory HR payments have been processed and maintain all the records for prosperity
- Assist authorized auditors for the purpose of providing supporting documentation and/or information on internal process that is required for audit
- Assist in developing reporting processes, procedures, and internal controls for the purpose of maintaining the efficient flow of payroll processes
- Inform other staff and/or outside parties regarding procedural requirements for the purpose of processing transactions
- Resolve discrepancies with payroll and/or benefit information and/or documentation (e.g., payroll, benefit
- provider/s, salary status, late hires, leave allowance, leavers, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy of records and employee payments.
- Respond to inquiries regarding payroll procedures.
HR Metrics and Analytics
- Compile all requisite key HR metrics e.g., monthly reports, Board data, Annual reports, Compliance reports, statutory reports e.g., NEA returns, within the set timelines
Compensation & Benefits
- Coordinate annual and other periodic remuneration surveys and benchmarks to ensure corporate rewards and benefits strategies are achieved.
- Monitor salary costs in line with budgets and ensure execution of any Adhoc rewards and benefits programs within approved budgets.
- Evaluating and monitoring the effectiveness of existing rewards and benefits policies, procedures, and programs and recommend improvements, whilst ensuring compliance to the Group HR Policies, procedures and programs
- by all Business Functions as well as to the relevant legislation and providing line management with advanced guidance on matters arising thereof.
- Administration of the Company’s loan program in accordance with the Company policies and procedures.
- Manage staff insurances
- Awareness of a holistic approach to supporting assigned units in meeting their targets.
- Experience of coaching managers, to buy in to HR and business solutions.
- Strong team player with the ability to quickly build effective working relationships.
- Strong Change Agent
- Strategic thinking.
- Proactive, confident, and resilient.
- Ability to develop & maintain highly effective relationships,
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Customer centricity
- Leadership, strong planning and organizing skills, coaching, and counselling skills
- Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resources Management, Bachelor of Human Resources Management, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, or any other related field.
- CHRP Qualification is mandatory
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in supervisory role.
Job Ref. No. JLIL096
Main Purpose of the Job (Job Summary)
The role provides actuarial modelling and reporting in product development & profit-testing, IFRS17, solvency, risk capital, management and financial reporting, regulatory compliance.
- Actuarial reporting for financial & regulatory compliance: Including actuarial reserving, IFRS17 modelling, Financial Condition Report, Solvency, Risk Based Capital reports
- Product Development: –
- Pricing, profit-testing, system set-up
- Development of policy documents for new products
- Developing illustrations for new products
- Ongoing profitability monitoring of the product
- Scenario & sensitivity testing
- Actuarial experience analyses including mortality investigations; persistency; expenses; investment returns; analysis of reserves & surplus
- Value of new business, embedded value & Asset Liability Management valuations
- Projections and Budgeting: Projected actuarial reporting for financial statements & strategic planning
- Actuarial risk technical modeling and use of internal models
- Gives leadership and technical direction to staff under supervision in performing actuarial functional work
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or any other related field
- Professional actuarial exams (minimum of 7 exams completed)
- Accountability for results
- Team management
- Actuarial judgment skills
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience, one (1) of which is at a supervisory level
Closing: 25 Oct 2022.
Method of Application
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position.