Supply Chain Management jobs, Procurement jobs, CIHEB jobs,
Procurement And Logistics Manager
The Procurement and Logistics Manager will report to Finance and Administration Director. The main purpose of this position is to deliver the strategic and operational goals of CIHEB Kenya’s procurement function. The position holder needs to ensure the unit provides efficient, effective, and quality management of procurement services. This includes technical support. Regular procurement and logistics analysis is required to inform workflow processes and subsequent improvements. The incumbent is also responsible to ensure goods and services are sourced in a transparent manner, considering value for money and in compliance with CIHEB Kenya, donor, and government regulations. The post holder is responsible for ensuring collaboration and coordination with program teams and other departments for effective program implementation. S/he will be required to keep up to date with developments in the sector, including best practice to ensure CIHEB Kenya is well aligned with changes in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the identification of vendors and assess performance to ensure the CIHEB Kenya has an effective/optimal mix of vendors. Constantly research to broaden and ensure a vendor base that is reliable and competitive.
- Preparation, review and clearance of documentation (evaluations, requests for awards, purchase orders and contracts for services)
- Ensure that CIHEB Kenya is provided with the procurement management, analysis and support necessary to accomplish its strategic objectives.
- Lead the procurement department in effective and efficient procurement planning and management of resources.
- Manage the procurement team towards high standards of performance through clear roles and responsibilities, on-going feedback, and appraisals. Pro-actively address performance issues through timely constructive feedback and coaching.
- Lead the continuous improvement of procurement function to bring efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinating sourcing strategies and development of supply base, providing vendor listing for the supply of goods and services.
- Support various Program teams to prepare annual procurement plans, consolidate procurement plans received from various teams (programs, program support and Field offices) and monitor its implementation.
- Prepare and submit monthly procurement and supply chain management report to line manager and provide weekly procurement status reports to relevant staff.
- Ensure that procurement data are timely analyzed and used for budget holders for accurate/informed decision making.
- Inform wider workflow processes through regular reporting and analytics for continued business improvement.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply-based issues, minimize risks, ensure continuity of supply, and identify emerging vendors in the markets.
- Maintain market information for effective use of costs/prices for proposal development and day to day operation.
- Develop differentiated purchasing strategies for goods and services.
- Manage logistics operations, including, vehicles, material and personnel and ensure efficient and timely delivery of service.
- Liaising with Finance, Admin and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to procurement, logistics and contract issues.
- Oversee the renovation and repair works for facilities supported by CIHEB K to ensure best value for money and delivery of quality.
- Ensure compliance of procurement activities with both CIHEB K and funder Standard operating Procedures.
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines, supply chain management, (Supply chain option), procurement or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies management, MCIPS, MKISM.
- 7 years’ experience in managing logistics and procurement.
- Knowledge of International funding agencies procurement procedures and familiarity with commodity management tracking systems will be an asset.
- Good organization, interpersonal, negotiation and high level of computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
Closing: 22nrd January 2023.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to: CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org. Applicants are advised to include the title “Procurement and Logistics Manager‘‘ – Nairobi, on the subject line.