NGO jobs, Community Development jobs, Social Work jobs, Project Management jobs,
Community Development Manager
General duties and Responsibilities
- To Manage and maintain a visible system of inventory that ensures proper recording of CMA asset lists, proper storage of materials and equipment and to ensure their safety and security.
- To participate actively in the strategic plan of the organization, assisting in the plans for the GRC, Kajiado projects, clean water project and any new initiatives.
- To assist in the preparation and presenting of proposals, appeals and concept notes to potential donors and assist with the fundraising for the GRC and Kajiado projects.
- To work closely with other CMA departments to assist in the organization of collaborating of ministry activities.
- Assist the Public Relations Department in the reporting and writing on the project activities, statistics, events, human interest stories, and photos.
- Working with the PR department will plan visitor and mission team itineraries and assist in their orientations and activities.
- To co-ordinate and organize community events, meetings, dedications, workshops, project evaluations, surveys or any other aspects of CMA’s programs.
- Will be responsible for the logistics and procurement for materials and supplies needed for the Programs. Will work closely with Supply Chain Manager in the unification and integration of supply chain systems and procurement procedures for Kajiado programs, GRC and the Clean water filter project.
- To direct and monitor project activities to ensure they are on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- To submit timely and quality project plans, including work plans, procurement plans, monitoring plans and training plans adhering to the required approval process.
- Give advice on any administrative or legal matters to help ensure that Christian Mission Aid is in complete conformity with all governmental regulations.
- To attend and represent CMA well at required government ministry meetings, partner & donor meetings.
- Maintain good working relationships with local government authorities and ensure that CMA is compliant with government protocols, regulations and policies.
- To submit monthly activity reports to the Africa Director, summarizing accomplishments and challenges during the reported month and future plans for the following three months.
- Keep accurate accounting records and receipts of daily expenses and submit to finance department in a timely manner. To collaborate with local community leaders, organizations, and residents to identify needs and priorities related to water quality and availability.
- Will travel to CMA designated areas and the various counties to demonstrate and distribute the water filters.
- To assist with the design and implementation of water filter distribution program, including identifying target communities, coordinating logistics, and ensuring that filters are installed and maintained correctly.
- Attend and participate in weekly devotions.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.
Qualifications and Competences
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelor’s degree in Community Development, social work or related field
- Additional qualification in project management will be an added advantage
- 6+ years of experience in Community Development, preferably working with nonprofit organizations
- Advanced skills in office computer programs
- Must have a driving license.
How to Apply
If you believe you are the one we are looking for, kindly apply in confidence to:
Human Resource Office
Christian Mission Aid
P.O. Box 57351 – 00200, Nairobi
firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th January 2023. Attach a cover letter illustrating your suitability
to meet the requirements of the position, CV and copies of your credentials. Indicate “Community Development Manager “on the email subject line. This position is open until filled.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.