Managerial jobs,Operations jobs,Africa & Middle East Opportunities,
Regional Manager, Africa
Your daily adventures will include:
- Manage regional operations in the assigned region
- Investigate and project manage the launch of Bolt Food business in new markets
- Be responsible for business growth, P&L, and value based strategy in the assigned region
- Make data-driven decisions that will help to grow the business and improve operational efficiency
- Understand business needs and opportunities in the region and countries and resolve them in a timely manner
- Work closely with HQ key stakeholders: product, marketing, management, operations as well as with local operations teams
- Hire and motivate new talent, and grow talent within local country teams
- Manage regional legal, PR, GR topics related to Bolt Food business
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in operations, business development, strategy, consulting or a similar field
- Strong collaborator and down to earth attitude
- Track record of running successful operations in a fast, dynamic business environment
- Strong bias towards execution and data-driven decision making
- Great communication skills and experience working with various stakeholders
- Experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Fluent in English
You will get extra credits for:
- Experience working and leading teams in African markets
- Experience in sharing economy, tech business, transport industry, startup or dynamic high-growth company
Regional Director, Africa & Middle East
Your daily adventures will include:
Product development – Steer product initiatives to develop globally-relevant services or features.
Regional Managers’ & Teams’ industry knowledge and expertise – Provide guidance and support to Regional Managers of their regions.
Expansion – Secure resources and planning for expansion strategy in the region.
Brand – Represent Bolt as a brand in PR engagements globally.
Performance – Provide top-level strategic guidance and set ambitious goals with Regional Managers/Country Managers, inline with overall Bolt goals and in agreement with Bolt’s leadership team.
Maximise efficiency – Monitor financial health of the local operations and trigger actions for improvement of efficiency.
Brand & reputation – Act as a Bolt ambassador in and outside of work. Ensure the local team is well trained and informed to represent Bolt publicly.
Competition intel – Excellently network in the industry, provide globally relevant insights to local and HQ teams.
Culture – Role model of Bolt culture and behaviours. Communicates with all teams transparently, with empathy and support. Demonstrates best of humble and respectful leadership in all they do.
Succession planning – Facilitate global adoption of talent management approach together with People team.
Leadership role model – Leadership role model for all teams. Humble and emphatic listener, empowering decisions of others and coaching for best results.
Internal collaboration – Align strategies of multiple verticals and all involved departments to provide clarity of guidance to all business units in their team. Support Bolt leadership with high level reporting, insights and solutions.
Learning organization – Facilitate global adoption of learning strategy together with People team.
Regulatory risk handling – Use their global and local insights to flag and work on top-level regulatory matters together with the government regulatory and the legal team
Attract-hire-retain our talents – Keep highest standard in recruitment process, prioritise this in any degree of business’ pressure. Always learn how to recruit the best. Train others how to discover talent and get them onboard.
PR – Influence society through sharing Bolt’s story publicly.”Promote Bolt as employer in their networks, promote key vacancies in the region. Participates in global PR engagements, sharing Bolt’s story.
Social responsibility – Express care about local communities through contributing with practical work (protect, cleanup and similar). Demonstrates ownership of globally relevant activities, both internally and externally.
Ethics, morale, code of conduct – Never resort to illegal or otherwise harmful practices to push any of Bolt’s business or other interests. Openly address topics of integrity and fair behaviours to teams, set clear expectations and educate teams on best practices. Provide support to escalated issues in the team. Set healthy business and personal values & integrity of candidates high among hiring criteria.
We are looking for:
You have 7+ years of experience in a managerial role
You are a dynamic leader who achieves results in a smart and effective way
You’re a strong collaborator with excellent negotiation and communication skills
You have a proven track record of delivering results in a cross-functional, high-growth, and fast-paced environment
You have experience dealing with regulators in Africa
You have in-depth experience managing operations in Africa, and other markets
You have a strong business acumen, with experience evaluating a line of business and understanding how to drive growth
You have strong organisation and project management skills, including the ability to prioritise and lead multiple projects and processes simultaneously
You have experience building relationships with leaders & peers, anticipating their concerns and successfully advocating for your priorities
You are highly analytical and have a data-driven mindset with experience in reporting on business metrics, trends and using data to drive decision making
Comfortable addressing ambiguity, for example, shifting priorities or unfamiliar problems
You are passionate about new technologies and ride-sharing
You have a strong sense of ownership with a hands-on approach