Financial Management Jobs, Business Related Jobs, Career Opportunities, Credit Management Jobs,
IRAU Credit Risk Associate
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) is an integral part of the Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) organization. The IRAU’s mandate is to deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory’s (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
ICG Risk Analysis Credit Risk Associates are responsible for a portfolio of ICG Risk Relationships, owning the Credit Risk Analysis for those relationships, and being responsible for the continuous monitoring of that portfolio. That includes the production of Annual Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, and the support to Ad-Hoc Transactions and Portfolio & Industry Reviews and Stress Testing.
This role has responsibility for the portfolio of specific industry relationships and the role reports directly to the ICG Risk Analysis (IRAU) Credit Risk Team Lead of the respective industry.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of Citi’s most complex Large Corporate, Public Sector, and Financial Institutions Clients by performing fundamental credit analysis of counterparties using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Complete Credit Analysis Write-up Memos and Final Obligor Risk Ratings of Citi’s Counterparties based on independent assessment and judgement completed on the due diligence of the client and industry knowledge to provide appropriate extensions of credit remaining within Risk appetite
- Continuous monitoring of the covered portfolio, including following industry trends, impacts to key relationships, and escalation of potential credit issues to Credit Risk Team Leads, ICG Risk and BCMA partners
- Reviewing and providing recommendation on the risk raking across this sector
- Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
- Support ICG Risk Analysis Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Demonstratable financial services experience, including 3-5 years of credit experience in Banking, Credit Risk Management or equivalent credit experience
- Strong knowledge of Wholesale Credit Processes and organizational awareness including IRAU functions, covered portfolios, and processes
- Sound understanding of policies and procedures with the ability to execute change seamlessly
- Well-developed analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial components (liquidity position, leverage profile with the ability to form independent opinions on credit and recognize emerging risks
- Solid and thorough knowledge of Citi´s systems
- Experience in preparing presentations for seniors
- Full awareness and adherence to the control environment including Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance
- Coach and mentor analysts to develop team strengths and improve weaknesses
- Proven culture carrier
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
- Strong organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Good Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Kenya TROPS Supervisor
The Kenya TROPS Superviso is a developing professional role. Applies specialty area knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Identifies policy gaps and formulates policies. Interprets data and makes recommendations. Researches and interprets factual information. Identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices. Integrates established disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related industry practices. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Develops working knowledge of industry practices and standards. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own team.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment
- Involves in providing day-to-day loan transactional processing which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, performing loan reconciliations, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations. In addition, there will be possible interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims.
- Supports an expansive and/or diverse array of products (risk and control) /services.
- Follows established procedures to identify and resolve problems related to loan documentation/processing activities that require investigation or research.
- Makes recommendations to management to support process improvement.
- Resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents.
- Designs and analyzes moderately complex loan documentation reports to satisfy management requirements, support/control activities, and the launch of products/services.
- Makes evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information, and provides assistance in the implementation of loan documentation process improvements.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through increased knowledge of procedural requirements – understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Timely management and escalation of all inquiries and issues related to loan processing
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
- Demonstrates an intermediate level of understanding of products and processes, and of how duties relate/integrate with others in the team and closely related teams
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of Bank related systems.
- Utilizes communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information, while being sensitive to audience diversity
- Individuals at this level exhibit executional capabilities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills: Prefer to have
- Some Knowledge of Loan Processes and Procedures
- Some Knowledge of Loan Products and Loan Services
- Some Knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
Skills: Nice to have
- Basic Knowledge of accounting principles and accounting practices
- Some Knowledge of Business Processes, Systems and Tools used in the Loan Process
- Some experience managing, preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- Typical Awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- Basic Knowledge of Financial Products, such as Cash Management, Treasury, the Trade Lifecycle
- Some understanding of compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policies
- Basic ability to provide evaluative and ethical judgment to make decision
- Basic Ability to identify, mitigate, resolve, manage, and escalate risk and issues
- Basic Ability to view multiple perspectives, prioritize, adapt and multi-task
- Basic ability to think strategically, considering the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; to formulate strategies and innovate
- Some understanding of how to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems.
- Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy;
- Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiative and persuading.
- Elementary knowledge to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Some knowledge to identify opportunities to improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Basic experience in implementing projects for system Implementation, technology enhancements through project management and coordination skills
- Basic experience in leading, managing accountability and managing complexity;
- Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- Relevant experience, or equivalent industry experience
- 0-2 years relevant experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative team atmosphere
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task
- Bachelor’s/University degree with minimum Upper Second honours.