Latest Jobs at DanChurchAid (DCA)
Latest Jobs at DanChurchAid (DCA),
Latest Jobs at DanChurchAid (DCA)
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations / Jobs at DanChurchAid (DCA), Latest Jobs at DanChurchAid (DCA)
DanChurchAid’s aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity. Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth.
Project Assistant – Food Security and Livelihoods
The PA-FSL will assist in the implementation, monitoring, and data collection for DCA’s Food Security and Livelihoods Project/s to ensure self-reliance and resilience building especially for the vulnerable and disaster affected refugees and host communities in Turkana West.
The PA is responsible for offering technical support to the incentive workers and will work jointly with other DCA staff in promoting the Hum/Dev Nexus as well as working closely with the financial Inclusion Project Assistants to support the implementation of the relevant Cash Based Interventions/VSLA including the relevant digitization. The PA will also assist in supporting and facilitating innovative programming initiatives in the relevant projects.
The main responsibilities of the Loan Assistant are:
- Provide technical support to DCA incentive staff in the implementation of Food Security and Livelihoods projects activities.
- Train communities on appropriate Food security and Livelihood’s skills necessary for the success of the projects.
- Work closely with PA/ PO – Financial Inclusion to facilitate and support relevant cash-based interventions & VSLA in DCA food security & livelihoods projects.
- Assist in supporting development of innovation in the sector of food security & livelihoods including relevant digitisation.
- Ensure effective selection, mobilization, and sensitization of all the relevant project stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit project progress updates or informatics to the Project Officer on food security and livelihoods aspects.
- Promote adoption of insect farming (Black Soldier Fly and Crickets) and utilization including capacity building of project beneficiaries and incentive workers.
- Train, mentor and facilitate incentive staff and project beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of project activities.
- Create linkages with community leadership, local partners, and the relevant private sector players to promote breeding and utilization of insects for food and feed.
- Prepare and submit project reports to the Project Officer on food security and livelihoods aspects.
- Facilitate the incentive staff to prepare individual project implementation plans.
- Participate in project monitoring and learning initiatives.
- Share relevant information on project activities with the project beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Support routine day to day monitoring and data collection and management actions.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- University level education in Agriculture, Agricultural Education and extension, Agribusiness, or any other academic qualification in agricultural sciences.
- Technical skills and hands on experience in agricultural extension, community mobilization and training.
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven, analytical and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
- Prior experience in the field of insect farming will be a great advantage.
- Excellent relationship management skills in a multi-stakeholder context.
- A working knowledge of refugee programming and/or programming in pastoral & agro-pastoralist settings is an added advantage.
- Experience in implementing graduation model in programming is an added advantage
Project Assistant – Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
The Project Assistant MEAL will directly implement all MEAL processes and activities required to improve programme quality over the course of projects’ implementation. This includes supporting the design of project M&E frameworks, including design of project monitoring tools & tracking project outputs and results; facilitating supporting evaluation studies; and contributing to SCI annual monitoring and reporting. The position supports effective project level accountability and learning systems, including handling beneficiary complaints and response systems. The candidate will also contribute to project and organizational learning processes.
The main responsibilities of the Project Assistant – MEAL:
Design of Project MEAL systems
- Lead the development of Monitoring and evaluation systems and processes for the implementation of the DCA projects in Kakuma. This includes the design of project MEAL frameworks.
- Building capacity of project staff, partners and other relevant stakeholders on implementation of DCA Kakuma MEAL actions.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Keep track of project activity implementation and progress against output indicators as reported by project teams
- Lead the documentation of project results, impact, best practices and significant changes. Document learning and best practices; disseminate learnings, reports, publications and participate in learning sessions, and ensuring that the lessons learnt are utilized to inform programming and advocacy.
- Maintain an updated Indicator Performance Tracker (IPT) for DCA Kakuma Office Projects including maintenance of an agile and accessible secure physical and digital filing system and project database
- Regularly collect the relevant data as indicated by Project MEAL plans to measure progress against indicators, expanding contextual knowledge of the organization, build positive relationships, and trust with people of concern and promote programmatic learning.
Evaluation of Projects
- Conduct all ad hoc or regular assessment, monitoring, post-monitoring, and evaluation data collection as per plan / Scope of Work of all project activities present in the respective area.
- Using quantitative and qualitative methods generate datasets, assessments, and reports analysis to support project staff in generating high quality reports for various audiences.
Accountability and Complaints Handling System
- Collect and manage complaints and feedback in close coordination with Project team. Track timeliness of response to complaints and maintain an updated project complaints tracker.
- Assist in mainstreaming accountability in all activities and responsible for the operations of reporting and complaints mechanism as well as receiving regular feedback from key stakeholders.
- Lead in field testing and piloting in the field of tools and provide feedback and inputs to the MEAL officer after the piloting phase.
Required Education and Experience
- A holder of a degree in in Statistics, Social Sciences, ICT, Development Studies, Project Management or other relevant field required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably with INGOs.
- Experience in the usage of Digital Data Collection software such as Kobo, ODK, Magpi, and Commcare..
- Strong skills in qualitative and quantitative data data analysis and visualisation using at least three softwares: MS-Excel, STATA, SPSS, Power Bi, NVIVO and other data management software.
- The desired should have; Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform without close supervision.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.