Latest Jobs at Mabati Rolling Mills,
Latest Jobs at Mabati Rolling Mills
Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG / Jobs at Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM)
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi.
- Carry out Scheduled Plant Maintenance works on mechanical equipment in order to minimize plant breakdowns.
- Carry out equipment installation, refurbishment and modifications of mechanical plant to specification and on time.
- Prompt execution of corrective maintenance tasks/handling of equipment breakdowns
- Preventive Maintenance Checks and reporting of abnormalities.
- Safe handling and of Tools and equipment provided.
- Maintain tidiness and general good housekeeping in plant & equipment.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements :
- Craft Certificate in mechanical engineering/ Artisan/ Final proficiency certificate in Fitting.
- At least 2 years relevant experience especially in fitting and fabricating steel structures
- Good knowledge in Bearing servicing and maintenance
- Excellent Mechanical and fabricating skills.
- A team player and with good communications skills.
- Ability to work long and odd hours on shifts and under pressure.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications to plan fitting operations.
- Knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
- Basic machine trouble shooting skills.
- Autonomous maintenance culture.
Systems & ERP Administrator (Mariakani)
- Manage MRM ERP hardware & related connectivity environment
- Ensure efficient delivery of IT services through optimal support and administration of the IT infrastructure
- Manage the ICT Support Team & drive them to deliver robust, top class IT support services
- Implement desktop and server innovative solutions that utilize industry best practices to meet company objectives
- Adhere to established IT policies and assist in development and maintenance of procedures, guidelines in line with the policies
- Protect data integrity and protection through security appliance monitoring, backups and virus mitigation
- Support IT Officer in various ERP Business support tasks during his absence
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations as and when necessary
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelors in Computer related field
- IT Technical Certification such as CCNA/N+
- SAP ERP Management/BASIS Knowledge
- Experience required: Minimum of 5 years with Minimum 2 years’ experience specific to the position
Additional/specific work requirements:
- Ability to help resolve complex technical (software/hardware interface) issues and independently manage critical/complex situations
- Have a good understanding of business processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under strict deadlines
Electrical Engineer (Mariakani)
Key Performance Areas:
- Proper training to shift Supervisors/ technicians / electricians in day-to-day jobs.
- Ensure jobs are well planned for their execution in shift.
- Execute Preventive and Condition Monitoring maintenance schedules and document in SAP.
- Daily monitor of the equipment for any disorders & their corrective action.
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis for all Breakdowns and critical abnormality, prepare and share report.
- Ensure all maintenance documents are properly filled after maintenance activities.
- Prepare and share various reports on Maintenance and Department KPIS.
- Execute 5k / Gemba kaizen activities in workshop.
- Ensure Company safety guidelines while handling maintenance activities.
- Prepare Work Permit and Job Safety analysis for applicable jobs.
- Ensure all drawings /manuals/records/Prog Software’s are in proper place and maintained in good condition for smooth functioning of the plant.
- Ensure all electrical tools/measuring tools are in proper place & functioning.
- Spares Management- Spares Consumption monitoring, analysis and requisition in time.
- Ensure compliance into SAP for all Preventive Maintenance executions.
- Prepare Document and Follow up Various Audit requirements for full compliance.
- Active participation into Man and Machine Efficiency Improvement Projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum academic qualification: BSC In Electrical & Electronics Engineering/Instrumentation & Control Engineering, B.Tech (Electrical/Electronics).
- Qualifications as an added advantage: PLC/DRIVE/SCADA/TPM/Energy Management Training Certifications.
- General work experience (years): Minimum 5 Years; Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 Years.
- Professional registration: Engineers Board in Kenya.
- ERP-SAP Knowledge.
Key competencies and skills:
- PLC/DRIVE Electronic trouble shooting skills specially with Siemens, ABB, Rockwell Automations.
- Electrical drawing interpretation competency.
- Have management skills and team building skills.
- Micro Soft Visio and Auto Cad for Electrical drawings.
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.