Logistics jobs, Clinical officer jobs,Medicine jobs, Managerial jobs,
Medical Activity Manager
- Coordinating, assessing and supervising the proper functioning of the medical activities (HIV, TB STIs, SGBV, etc.), according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Participating in the definition of annual planning and budget for the project and in the follow up of the programs / project. Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Checking all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers …) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Ensuring an efficient pharmacy management and monitoring the rational use of them. In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs. Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifying and reporting to the line manager, non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.)
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …). Participating in shifts and replaces a doctor, if necessary
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to improve staff capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Ensure that MSF E-care consultations are done in accordance with the MSF quality standards
- Provides technical support and provides supportive supervision to the Clinical Officers .
- Ensures that all the activities in the Health Post are done in accordance with MSF protocols and guidelines.
- Ensures that the reporting ,monitoring tools are in place and used by the staff appropriately.
- Ensures timely reporting; monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Ensures that here is strong colloboration with Hospital and Outreach team to ensure good linkages to ensure conitiniuty of care .
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacy by the NTS is well organized ( Tools in place with regular analysis).
- CME –ensure that the PHC qualified staffs take part in continous medical education and training to enhance capacity building
- Surveillance – ensure timely identification of disease of outbreak potential , linelisting followup on sample collection and liase with outreach on house hold surveilance and contact identification.
- NCD – ensure managment of NCD cohort is done in acordance to MSF Guidelines and monitor all indicators. , investigations test of NCD patients are planned and monitored according to MSF protocol. Ensure the counselin plan is in place and followed by the PSEC nurses. Set up a SOP document for the management of NCD cases in the HP4 et HP7.
- Medical Doctor or Clinical officer Degree/Diploma. Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies with managerial experience.
- Essential 2 year working experience related to the diploma/degree and previous experience in MSF in the field
- Local language (Somali) Mandatory.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strategic Vision L2
- Leadership L2
- People Management and Development L3
- Service Orientation L3
- Teamwork and Cooperation L4
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Participating actively in the definition and update of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and providing advice to the HoM in the translation of the identified logistical / technical needs into objectives, priorities and resources for the mission.
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the mission (construction and rehabilitation, stock and supply of medical and non-medical material, transport, communications, water and sanitation, vehicles and engines, equipment/installation and infrastructures, etc.) compliant with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, and reporting to the HoM on the development of the ongoing programmes and proposing reorientation strategies when needed.
- Responsible for the proper application of HR policies and associated in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Responsible for ensuring technical reference and support for all logistics/technical issues in the mission, providing coaching to logistics staff and representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for technical/logistics related issues.
- Responsible for ensuring installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living condition as well as all the equipment required.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper use and maintenance of IT and communication tools as well as the communication means in the Mission; permanent communication between capital, projects, bases and HQ.
- Responsible for defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, monitoring on a daily basis the security rules observation and reporting to the HoM any problem. The Logistics Coordinator will be the security back up in the absence of the HoM.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Education: Degree and specialization in Logistics and MSF Logistics training.
- Experience: Essential working experience of at least two years in a similar position/ other management positions and MSF/ INGO in developing country(ies). Previous experience in emergencies is a strong asset.
- Skills/ Competences: Strategic; Strong Leadership Skills; Proven People Management; Behavioural Flexibility; Commitment to MSF Principles; Result Oriented; Culturally Sensitive; Team player; Planning and Organization.
- Knowledge: Computer literate (MS Office Suite); Unifield software knowledge is an added advantage.
- Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Kiswahili.