HR Management jobs, Supply Chain Management jobs, Logistics jobs, Technical jobs,
Mobile Support Technician Energy, HVAC & PV Installations
As the PV Installations focal person:
- Establishing the necessary procedures to carry out the implementation of PV installations according MSF OCBA technical standards and requirements.
- Ensuring procurement requirements according MSF OCBA Supply guidelines.
- Providing all technical necessary information to the mission procurement team.
- Planning each implementation process according mission context, characteristics and constrains in order to ensure all actors collaboration and acceptance.
- Defining the installations final design together with the technical referent, the contractor and the mission.
- Ensuring the quality of the materials provided by the contractor according MSF OCBA standards and conduct assessments to validate alternative materials if needed.
- Requesting all necessary means and resources to the mission’s Logistics to ensure the smooth progress of the works.
- Ensuring proper communication with and among all relevant actors involved in the PV installations design and implementation.
- Providing up to date information regularly to all parties related to the project.
- Supporting HHRR in the recruitment of Energy Managers in charge of the installations on site.
- Providing continuous technical support to the Energy Managers in charge of the installations on site.
- Monitoring the installation’s operation and propose/carry out the necessary adjustments together with the contractor when needed.
- Establishing a maintenance plan in order to define a service contract with the contractor.
- Developing a dossier for each installation with all relevant documentation and guidelines.
As the Energy & HVAC focal person:
- Carrying out a functional evaluation of the electricity, energy generating and HVAC set-up, assessing the applicable technical installations, systems, structures, equipment and HR set-up, the compliance with procedures, policies and guidelines, within the framework of MSF standards in order to identify the main areas for improvement.
- Revising the mission electricity, energy generating and HVAC strategies according the current and future operations and provide advice when pertinent.
- Assessing and validating local suppliers and local (sub-) contractors for quality of materials, systems, installations, parts, etc. to ensure compliance with MSF quality standards.
- Developing and initiating the implementation of the improvement plan based on the recommendations arising from the functional evaluation.
- Assisting the logistics team with the design and installation of new (complex) systems and/or with the implementation of (new) protocols, tools etc.
- Monitoring and supervising established and on-going work, on energy generating systems, electrical installations and HVAC and provide technical advice and solutions when necessary.
- Remote following up and support of technical projects and improvement plans implementation.
- Assisting the logistics team in their HR tasks such as recruitment & selection of technical staff, briefing and debriefing of focal persons and logisticians.
- Identifying training needs and contributing to the definition of training content for the area electricity, energy and HVAC. Facilitating team training and provide on-the-job training on technical basics related to area of specialisation according to MSF standards to enable effective implementation of relevant methodologies, systems and tools and ensure best practice is delivered.
- Upon request of the hierarchical manager and in coordination with the relevant technical referents in HQ, develop new policies, tools, protocols and SOPs related to electricity, energy and HVAC (with a local, regional or even global approach).
Contributing to the continuous learning and development of the department by:
- Drafting reports and action plans following field visits to capture experiences and lessons learnt”.
- Contributing to the research and development of field tools, practices, guidelines and policies based on insights gained in the job.
- Proposing innovative solutions to overcome recurrent problems and technical challenges.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of practices and approaches within the area of electricity, energy and HVAC, and to share this knowledge with others to enhance operational effectiveness.
Providing direct field intervention:
- Upon request, participate in emergency operations.
- Relevant technical degree or diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in relevant field or HQ positions in MSF or in other international organization in a low resource setting.
- Experience providing training to adult learners.
- Experience in designing and implementing electrical installations and PV Installations.
- Experience on sizing and installing generators.
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Spanish is an asset.
- General technical knowledge on electricity.
- IT proficient at user level and specifically electricity drawings design software.
Closing date: January 29th, 2023,
Mobile Support Technician Career Management Referent For Local Staff
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POST
- Design with the support of the Human Resources Management (HRM) and Recruitment & Pool Management (R&PM) units, the strategy to support the Career Management of key local staff to critical positions for OCBA.
- Define roles and responsibilities of the different actors involved in career management.
- Create the capacity to work in career management for all OCBA missions.
- Be the referent in charge of supporting all missions in the definition and implementation of specific plans.
- Prepare the transfer of knowledge acquired in the Career Management of Local Staff to the Rec & PM teams currently managing the career of the international staff with the intention of having a unique area of functional expertise on the global career management of OCBA staff.
- Be the link between HRM and PM/CM in the career of candidates ready and available to cover positions out of the mission where they have been recruited.
MAIN FUNCTIONS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Acts as referent on Career Management for local staff and support the missions in the elaboration and follow-up of their plans.
- Design together with the HRM, R&PM and Learning Units, what Career Management for local staff is in OCBA.
- Elaborate a policy on career management for local staff in coherence with the global OCBA objectives
- Define the role of managers on staff development and career management.
- As referent person in the topic, trains, and guides HRCo, Development Managers and Coordinators on the implementation of specific mission plans.
- Elaborates narrative documents with agreed definitions about concepts like staff development, career management, succession planning, critical needs, key staff and seeks for the common alignment of the different actors on these definitions.
- Analyze, gathers, and integrates existing tools and defines the key tools to be offered to all the missions: (e.g.: staff mapping, detachment lists, individual career plan among others).
- Works with all actors with roles related to career management for local staff (HR capacity Coordinator in Sahel Regional Learning referents in LatAm and East Africa) finding synergies and optimizing actions to better support the field teams.
- Defines a plan to expand the knowledge about Career Management for local staff to all the missions including key actors such as managers, coordinators and with specific focus on Development Managers and HRCo.
- Supports the field teams in the implementation of these plans, visiting the missions and supporting HRCo, Development Managers and rest of the field teams. The visit plan will be done following the field request and after deciding the priorities in the HRM team.
- Together with HRM and Rec&PM units, designs a detachment policy that contributes to the staff development, the career plans, and ultimately to contribute to the global OCBA HR capacity.
- Together with HRM and Rec &PM units, contributes to plan the integration of this position in the Rec&PM team after 12 months (or once the field teams have integrated their responsibilities and knowledge on the local staff career management).
- With the PM focal point do the revision and give the feedback to the candidates interested to transfer his/her career manager to the PM.
- To participate in RPM planning discussions to be aware about the global needs of the movement in terms of HR.
- University Degree preferably related to HR Management/Staff Development.
- Desirable relevant experience (3 years) working in the humanitarian sector in tasks related to career management, talent management, succession plan, change management…
- Proven experience in Career Management (more than 2 years).
- Languages: Fluent in French, English and desirable knowledge of Spanish.
Closing date: February 1st, 2023
Supply Chain Officer
Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the Coordination or Project level, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth-running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs
- Collecting claims from the field, analysing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Supply Supervisor (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Informing the Logistics / Supply Manager in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
- Receive orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and
- reporting them, and store materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily
- accessible (cleanness, security, access).
- Supervise, carries out or participate in regular inventories
- Stock management respecting MSF OCG Supply procedures
- Stock values to be reported to supervisor/s
- Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures)
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits)
- English & Kiswahili
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
Closing date: 31st January 2023