Human Resource jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs,
Human Resource Assistant
Mwangaza Light Ltd was started in 2014 by two women with a passionate aversion to fuel-guzzling, polluting, and hazardous kerosene lamps and a commitment to use high-quality solar solutions to improve the family economy, education, health, and safety among urban and rural populations in East Africa.
Based on an appreciation of the role of faith-based institutions in the development of Africa, both historically and today, Mwangaza Light extended its focus to encourage institutions to shift from fuel use to clean energy. In 2016 Mwangaza Light entered a collaboration with the National Council of Churches of Kenya (NCCK), a renowned church alliance and development actor in Kenya, and designed of the Green Churches initiative, which seeks to enable churches to take leadership in the transition to clean energy and climate change mitigation. The Green Churches initiative is our flagship as it brings together clean energy, environment protection, and entrepreneurship.
In 2017 we took initiative to design a solar solution that could cater for the pertinent need in churches for energy during worship, and which led to development of a solar public address system that we have since introduced to the East African market.
Since mid 2018, Mwangaza Light has developed partnerships with NCCK member churches such as the Anglican Church of Kenya (ACK), the African Brotherhood Church (ABC), the Pentecostal Fellowship of Africa (PEFA), and Friends Church in Kenya (FCK). We have also groomed partnership with a number of Evangelical churches and with Catholic and Muslim organisations. While collaboration with faith-based organisations is pivotal for Mwangaza Light, we are an independent social enterprise that has been started by or sponsored by any faith-based organisation.
During 2018 we expanded our management and sales team, took on energy efficient cookstoves, and grew partnership with SACCOs and other micro-finance institutions. By end of 2018, Mwangaza Light had gained presence in all corners of Kenya.
About the role
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Manager
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves etc)
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist Mwangaza Light recruiters to source candidates and update the database
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management.
2. At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
About the job
Managing Account Receivables
1. Must have completed CPA or equivalent.
2. Diploma in a business-related course from a recognized institution.
3. Served satisfactorily in a comparable position in a recognized institution for at least one(1)year.
4. Demonstrated competence in credit control work.
5. Proficiency in computer applications.
Portfolio At Risk
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide the Sales team with up-to-date information on portfolio at risk and client payments on a weekly basis and as and when required by the Sales Leads.
2. Ensure that Sales Leads update tracking sheets on a weekly basis.
3. Propose actions to be taken for clients PAR60 and above, and take action as agreed with the Head of Finance and Operations.
Credit Limits To Partners
1. Set credit limits to church partners and women groups based on payment history.
2. Inform the Administration Assistant about credit limits to church partners and women groups on a weekly basis.
Collection Of Receivables
1. Lead collection from clients with PAR30 and above.
2. Set monthly collections target for the Sales Lead and admin office staff.
3. Build relations with clients and negotiate payment plans (approval by Head of Finance and Operations).
1. Initiate the repossession of clients PAR60 and above with Sales Leads.
2. Follows up on repossession until confirmation that the units have reached HO.
3. Perform any other duties as assigned by the management
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org