Latest Jobs at Safal Group,
Latest Jobs at Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited
MRM Mechanical Engineer Mariakani
Reference Number: MRMCS31082022
All activities in Mechanical Maintenance (which includes namely, 6 Hi Mill, 4 Hi Mill, ARP, Pickling, MCL, CCL and RFs, roll shop, RGM’s, gas plants, Shot Blasting Machine and other Auxiliary and finishing equipment’s in the complex and all utilities):
- Develop and implement the overall mechanical works strategy for the mechanical maintenance.
- Identify gaps in the mechanical processes and implement strategies to close gaps and to improve equipment reliability, sustainability, and reduce maintenance costs.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills to minimize equipment downtime. Ensure mechanical installations for the plant conform to approved standards to ensure sustainability and eliminate breakdowns.
- Provide technical support by responding to requests for mechanical problems for all mechanical work.
- Ensure equipment installations are reliable, safe and in good condition at all times.
- Evaluate spare needs, identify critical spares, and place appropriate orders and monitor usage.
- Ensure proper planning of major works and resources for the same.
- Responsible for manpower engagement and training for the mechanical maintenance team.
- Timely documentation of reports for mechanical issues and technical reports.
- Work with contractors and suppliers on our maintenance activities by ensuring high quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of health and safety legislation, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and audits on mechanical installations and identify high risk areas and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Identify, evaluate, plan, implement, and manage projects to improve equipment and safety performance, reduce costs, and ensure sustainability.
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment is installed and functional to support Production in achieving their production targets.
- Following the principles of continuous improvement by investigating and interrogating processes and systems and proposing recommendations to improve equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical support to Production team when required on mechanical works also Coordinate outside contracting with in house projects as necessary
- Participating in meetings when required with the plant personnel to share information, make decisions, and agree on action plans.
- Analyze all machine failures (breakdowns, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re-occurrence of failures and safety incidents. Timely Root Cause Analysis and repair of major faults and breakdowns. Implementing Corrective & Preventive action plan.
- Develop, implement, and maintain equipment planned maintenance plans and schedules for all mechanical equipment as required and in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s specifications, good engineering practice, and mechanical standards. Creating maintenance procedures & Methods.
- Strict monitoring of KPI’s as given by management and action should be taken to achieve them.
- Special focus to identify and arrest all kind of leakages (like Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Steam, water, acid, effluents) in equipment.
- Devise and carry out condition monitoring & Oil monitoring program.
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores, and equipment
- Plan, manage and control work done by subordinates ensuring all work is well documented.
- Ensure that subordinates have the resources required to do their jobs effectively.
- Train new employees in maintenance work processes and procedures
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering- Plant Option
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD software for designing.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge in RCA methodology
- Posses good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts
- Good working knowledge of machines in process industry, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as well as use of AUTOCAD.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership
Human Resources Officer
Reference Number: MRMCS/16/06/2022
Key Performance Areas
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Execution of employee engagement programs and internal product campaigns across the Business Unit.
- Drive employee monthly reward schemes aimed at driving attainment of BPP targets around People & Culture deliverables.
- Collaborate with the Digital Communications Team to execute employer-branding initiatives through providing content in form of high-resolution photos & videos of company events.
- Communication of company activities and updates to ensure that relevant information is timely relayed to employees through channels such as notice boards, emails, and company social media platforms (Yammer/WhatsApp).
- Support the management of disciplinary issues and grievances in line with the employment act and the company’s policies & procedures.
- Drive monthly Employee Relations Council (ERC) Meetings and ensuring follow up & closure of items as agreed by members to enhance cordial industrial relations.
- Coordinate CSR activities through awareness creation and mobilization of staff to achieve maximum participation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s Degree In HR or related discipline
- Qualifications as an added advantage: Higher Diploma in HR or CHRP
- Professional registration: IHRM
- Experience required: General work experience (years): Minimum of 5 years with Minimum 3 years’ experience specific to the position
- Industry: Manufacturing
Additional/specific work requirements:
- Knowledge of employment laws and labor relations
- Excellent emotional intelligence skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and exercise good judgment with excellent follow-through
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for overall management of the Finance Team.
- Manage monthly reporting with detailed analysis of sales and profit along with comparison with prior Rolling Estimate, Annual Business Plan and Previous Year.
- Manage the company’s working capital in Debtors and Inventories in accordance with the Cash Flows
- Plan and present Capital expenditure proposals in line with the Group policy and Cash Flows
- Ensure compliance of all applicable statutory and legal requirements; payment of PAYE/WHT & filing of PAYE / WHT returns – monthly / Quarterly / Annual; timely filing of the company’s annual tax returns.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, this includes planning and managing internal/statutory/ external audits.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Liaise with and provide support to HODs regarding departmental budgets, expenditures and financial reporting, this includes monitoring the budget implementation and advice on reallocation of funds when necessary.
- Ensure that all company assets records are well maintained in accordance with the accounting standards.
- Monitor depreciation of company assets to ensure that the provisions are made in accordance with the accounting standards.
- Plan, direct, and co-ordinate risk and insurance programs of establishments to control risks and losses.
- Analyze, classify risks and determine their potential impact on the company. Prepare operational and risk reports for management analysis.
- Direct insurance negotiations and ensure that internal processes are adhered to ensure our claims are honored should there be any in the year.
- Prepare Board Meeting reports and the circulation of the same to all the Board Members one week prior to the meeting.
- Update and implement all necessary finance policies and accounting practices from time to time in consultation with other senior finance officers.
- Set up and continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the company.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Minimum academic qualification: a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management/Finance/Accounting option. Master’s Degree in Finance is added advantage
- CPA (K), CFA, ACCA, CA
- Professional registration with an accounting Association
- General work experience (years): 15 years
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 10 years
- Industry experience: Preferably Manufacturing
- Knowledge and use of SAP will be an added advantage
Key competencies and skills:
- An analytical mind
- Decision making skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact effectively with others, both internally and externally
- Leadership skills
- Mentoring Skills
- Problem solving skills
How to apply
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.