Latest Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya,
Latest Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank Kenya
Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Banking jobs,
Financial Markets Sales
- The role covers all aspects of origination and execution of Financial Markets Products to Financial Institutional clients spanning Banks & Broker Dealers, Strategic Investors & Public Sector and Development Organisations. The team works hand-in-hand with origination, structuring, trading and research to deliver best-in-class solutions for our clients across Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Commodities.The primary responsibility is scaling up the business for the franchise through cross-sell of SCB’s FM product suite across FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities.
Project Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Consultant, Financial Advisor, Technical advisor. Massive 2023 recruitment conducted by Government, Counties, NGOs, UN, UNDP, World Bank, international development community, UNESCO, WHO, USAID.
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer’s business and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with SCB’s principal RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customer.
- Establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the decision maker(s) for Financial Markets products for each allocated customer, through regular calling, visits, and provision of relevant ideas.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general discussion on suitable solutions or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB
- Drive account planning and active management of key clients to develop the FM wallet.
- Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer’s perspective
- Liaise with the RMs and SCB product specialists in other regions in which customers are active, to introduce the customer to other SCB products, and to contribute to the relevant regional global customer database
- Work closely with the Trading desks to ensure risk is managed and transferred adequately, the Bank continues to respond to market changes in a timely manner and efficiency on pricing client transactions
- The role will involve liaising with clients and executing trades and orders in line with SCB’s policy and procedures consistent with all FM Sales staff globally including Order Handling, Record Keeping and Best Execution
- Monitor the utilization of each client’s trading limits with SCB, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction
- Maintain an updated account plan for Financial Markets products for each client. Use to identify potential relationship growth areas and create action plans for addressing opportunities accordingly.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- Ensure adherence with the obligations to prevent money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Contribute towards highlighting any need to update procedures and controls as a result of changes in products, systems, policy or regulations.
People & Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Adherence to all Group Policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others
- Commitment to Group Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all e-leaning, attestations and requests for information
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to ‘speak up’ in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues.
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Financial Markets team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Local regulator prescribed responsibilities.
- FM Trading, Sales, Structuring, Financing and Research Teams
- Client Coverage & Product Partners
- FM Regional Heads
- Technology, Finance, Control & Risk Functions
- Legal and Compliance
- Credit and Market Risk Functions
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in daily behaviour.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures; Multiple functions (double hats)
Our Ideal Candidate
- A University degree required.
- ACI Dealing Certification.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Money Markets and related products.
- Conversant with all operational aspects of Financial Markets.
- Must possess the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Must possess good analytical skills to be able to structure deals.
- Must possess excellent Marketing and Communications skills
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Client Pitching
- Foreign Exchange
- Money Markets
- Forwards and Futures Hedging
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
- Credit Derivatives