Legal Assistant at Cytonn Investments
Cytonn Investments is an investments and real estate company, with offices in Nairobi – Kenya and DC Metro area – U.S. We are primarily focused on offering alternative investment solutions to global institutional investors, individual high net-worth investors, local institutional investors and diaspora investors interested in the East-African region.
- Advising on all matters regarding the law; including the interpretation, impact and effect of the relevant laws and general conditions affecting various areas of the company’s operations;
- Assisting in the co-ordination of legal due diligence, documentation and closing of transactions;
- Developing and carrying out Compliance checks on all facets of Law affecting the business;
- Designing commercial and legal solutions that lead to effective corporate structures;
- Developing and maintaining various policies, procedures and registers whilst carrying out other corporate secretarial functions;
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts;
- Collaborating effectively with external legal counsel and internal departments to facilitate litigation processes and manage legal matters. Clear communication and coordination skills are crucial.
- Attending Court on behalf of the Business and litigating matters when required to
- Offer comprehensive legal support as required by the organization, addressing various legal queries and tasks that arise in the course of business operations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Second Class Degree in Law (LL. B) from a recognized University;
- A recently admitted advocate of the High Court of Kenya with good standing;
- Must have attained a B+ and above in O levels/ high school;
- At least 1-year experience in a busy law firm or corporate legal department;
- Knowledge, relevant practice and understanding of the corporate, commercial investments, real estate and financial markets (including tax), and the respective Laws and regulations;
- Creative, commercial legal thinking and appreciation of the business aspects in their application of the law;
- Ability to pro-actively and creatively manage potential legal issues;
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision;
- Excellent organisation, administration, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills;
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm and ability to work long hours and under pressure; and
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Contract review, drafting and management; Legal and Regulatory Compliance; Transactional Support and Administration; Litigation ; Real Estate and Conveyancing; Legal Research; Corporate Governance; Legal Documentation and ; Advisory Support