Legal Assistant at Kenya Power,
Legal Assistant at Kenya Power
Kenya Power owns and operates most of the electricity transmission and distribution system in the country and sells electricity to over 4.8 million customers (as at June 29, 2016). The Company’s key mandate is to plan for sufficient electricity generation and transmission capacity to meet demand; building and maintaining the power distribution
Job Ref: HR: KP1/5B.2/1/3/1171
Reporting to the Legal Officer, in Legal, Regulatory Affairs & Company Secretary Division, the Legal Assistant, will be responsible for handling court processes and records management on legal matters concerning the Company.
The key tasks & duties for the position are;
- Receiving and undertaking service of court process.
- Opening court files, maintaining records, printing, photocopying and scanning documents, closing files recommended for closure.
- Filing Company pleadings at the respective court registries.
- Fixing court dates and updating the court and bring-up diaries.
- Undertaking safe custody and retrieval of court files.
- Handling correspondence, acknowledgement of receipt of service of the court process on behalf of the Company.
- Conducting official searches at the lands registry, Companies registry, motor vehicles registry and government printers and attending court registries to peruse court files.
- Registering and collecting legal documents at the relevant registries.
- Preparing and dispatching notices, hearings, mentions and drafting decrees and orders for filing and service.
- Updating legal statutes as required.
- Establish and maintain the Company’s filing system to support the company’s record keeping needs and keep the filing system up to date at all times.
- Undertaking research when called upon.
- Diploma in Law from a recognized Institution.
- Possess a current Court Process Server Certificate.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in a busy and reputable law firm.
- Diploma in Information Technology or Records Management will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications