Position: Logistics Assistant
Supervisor: Supply chain Coordinator
Location: Migori and Homa Bay Counties, Kenya
No. Required: 2 (1 Migori and 1 Homa Bay)
In 2021, USAID Kenya awarded Abt Associates, the Kenya Vector Control Activity, now renamed PMI Kinga Malaria.
It seeks to build on PMI investments under PMI AIRS and VectorLink.
The purpose of the project is to plan, implement, provide technical assistance for, monitor and evaluate critical malaria vector control activities.
This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and insecticide treated net (ITN) activities for prevention of malaria in Kenya.
The project has six objectives:
(1) indoor residual spraying and other proven vector control interventions,
(2) entomological monitoring and surveillance,
(3) ITN durability monitoring
(4) data driven decision making to inform strategic deployment of ITNs and IRS,
(5) capacity building of Kenya national malaria program and selected counties and
(6) continuous net distribution system in the community through multiple channels.
In 2023, Abt Associates shall implement IRS in Homa Bay and Migori Counties and in other counties thereafter as determined by USAID Kenya.
In close collaboration with the Division of National Malaria Program (DNMP), Migori and Homa Bay and Migori County governments, PMI Kinga Malaria seeks to recruit professionals in different fields to support in implementation of Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) in all the Eight sub-counties in Homa Bay county namely; Homa Bay Township (All wards), Rangwe (All wards), Suba South (Ruma Kaksingri East ward only), Suba North (Mfangano island only), Rachuonyo South (All wards), Rachuonyo East (All wards), Ndhiwa (All except Kwabwai ward) and Rachuonyo North (All except Central Karachuonyo, Kibiri and Kanyaluo ward) and Four sub-counties in Migori county namely; Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike.
Overall, Purpose: Under the supervision of the Supply chain Coordinator, support the distribution of supplies and commodities for the project besides ensuring efficient logistics support services to PMI Kinga malaria) County Operation sites store and assist in supervising Storekeepers.
- Provides logistical support for project activities, including spray operations, transport, events such as workshops and meetings, etc.
- Assists in managing the inventory, storage and timely disposal of used and irreparable materials, under the direction of the Supply Chain Coordinator
- Works closely with site coordinators to ensure vehicles daily use sheet is completed accurately by drivers.
- Ensuring regular follow up of the hired project vehicles in the filed plan for any requirement for programme activities in liaison with the County Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Oversee the collection of used insecticide sachets/bottles and PPEs and ensure sorting and storage of the same inCounty central stores.
- Plan and organize daily and weekly projections of logistics needs and movement.
- Ensure regular restocking of insecticides and other materials is done on time and before stock runs out.
- Verify completeness, accuracy and authenticate the ledger books at the operations sites stores.
- Ensures adherence to MOH and VL’s COVID 19 mitigation measures.
Required qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Vocational Diploma training in logistics, procurement, supplies and management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in handling basic Logistic and procurement issues in an established organization.
- Membership of a recognized Professional Body i.e., either CIPS – UK or KISM would be an added
- A certificate of good conduct may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Additional professional training in procurement and logistics management preferred
- Knowledge of USAID procurement rules and regulations a plus.
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as the ability to apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Good communication skills including spoken and written English and Kiswahili is preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work for 6 days in a week (Monday to Saturday)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
NB: All positions that involves a worker coming into close contact with insecticides on daily basis will require a medical examination including general body examination and pregnancy tests.
Those with certain medical conditions like chest problems, asthmatic, expectant etc. may be excluded or considered for alternative roles they qualify for.
NB: These positions will be on a short-term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis and those who participated in previous campaigns will have an added advantage. All qualified applicants including minorities, women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to Kenyajobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and Operations Site e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – Wath Onger Dispensary’ by COB, Monday, October 31, 2022.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies.
Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.