Manager Consulting at Pula,
Manager Consulting at Pula
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide. We work in eight countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2017 alone, we facilitated crop and livestock insurance cover to 611,000 farmers in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia and Malawi. We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
What you’ll be doing:
Independently engage in consulting engagements with our clients that include governments, private sector companies and development agencies. Be involved in the whole consulting cycle from identifying new opportunities, working with the commercial team to pitching for opportunities, developing proposals and managing small teams put together for speciﬁc consulting assignments. The nature of projects can be diverse ranging from advising governments on strategies for increasing agriculture insurance penetration to developing an agri-lending and insurance product for a regional bank to delivering capacity development programs for regulators and policymakers.
Create new content and insights as part of our consulting and research projects partnering with our philanthropic and consulting partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Shell Foundation, MasterCard Foundation, KPMG, Bayer Foundation amongst others, working as part of a lean team to deliver on the contracted deliverables. You will be expected to deliver on discrete data analysis and research initiatives that help Pula better understand customer behavior as identiﬁed by these 3rd parties, for example: estimating impact of gender on insurance uptake in Kenya, Malawi and Zambia.
Along with the Director, you will be expected to identify new commercial opportunities in new and existing markets, supporting market sizing for feasibility studies in new countries and ensuring that our commercial team has a steady supply of opportunities.
You will be expected to develop content for Pula’s external communication and messaging through editorials, newsletters and webinars, publicizing the research work as well as wider work the company, coordinating with different departments in the business.
What you need to have to be successful- the hard skills:
- You have the analytical skills and the structured thinking to close action-oriented research and consulting projects as per committed timelines. At least 2-3 years of experience in management
- You can demonstrate to have originated and delivered on consulting work from development agencies and/or institutional donors for a value of at least $50,000 over the course of your
- You have experience working with Development Agencies at multiple levels and navigating institutional structures both in private foundations and development
- Consulting experience in the area of Climate and Disaster Risk Finance, Food Security, Financial Inclusion, Agriculture or related is a signiﬁcant
- Networks, Experience and knowledge in the Climate Finance and Carbon Credit Industry will place you at an
- You are fully comfortable with Google Drive applications such as Google Sheets, Google Docs