Job Title: HR Officer
Salary: KES 40,000 – 50,000
Our client in the Manufacturing industry is looking for a HR Officer to provide professional management of the Human Resources function in the company.
- Facilitate implementation of the company’s HR policies and procedures while providing advice on HR matters.
- Manage and maintain confidentially of employees records.
- Assist line managers in identifying training needs for staff, Identifying suitable trainers or training institutions.
- Administer staff benefits.
- Handle grievances and disciplinary matters in order to enhance industrial harmony
- Coordinating staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Ensuring new employees are properly inducted in the organization through preparation and facilitation of the orientation program.
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place as well as providing advice and assistance in writing the JDs.
- Coordinating with the Management and HODs in ensuring the employee performance appraisals are scheduled and done.
- Monitor staff performance and attendance activities through monitoring attendance, staff absences and recommending solutions to solve attendance difficulties.
- Advise management on the legal and other implications resulting from certain HR related decisions
- Leave Management – ensuring leave is taken and records well kept.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are adhered to by all the staff members.
- Liaising with the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA) for approvals and reimbursements.
- Participate in the payroll process by providing attendance data, overtime information and distributing pay slips to staff members.
- Conducting staff exit interviews and facilitating effective staff clearance, documentation and release from the organization.
- Handling staff welfare matters.
- Preparing and presenting regular HR & Administrative reports
Education and Experience
- Degree/Higher Diploma in HRM.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in an HR & Admin role.
- Member of the Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM).
- Knowledge of Labor Laws.
- Effective advisory and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates who are available immediately are encouraged to apply.
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Officer – Manufacturing) on or before 20th October to firstname.lastname@example.org