Accounting jobs,Procurement jobs, Supply Chain Management jobs,Sociology jobs,Finance jobs, Business Administration jobs, Auditing jobs,
Senior Associate, Procurement
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance and supervision of the Associate Manager of Operations, the Senior Procurement Associate provides administrative support in the management of a variety of processes/transactions in implementing procurement and contracting of commodities, materials, equipment and services in Kenya, ensuring high-quality and accuracy of work. He/she uses his/her own discretion to address unforeseen situations, seeking advice from and/or reporting to the supervisor as applicable. The Senior Associate Procurement liaises with heads of departments in order to ensure the best support. In performing his/her work, the Senior Associate Procurement promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
a) Procurement Operations:
- Liaise with various requesting departments within Evidence Action to ensure any requirements for procurement support are identified, approved and procured in a timely, well-documented and cost-efficient manner.
- Supervise the staff in the procurement department ensuring the department activities are conducted in accordance with the procurement policy and with utmost professionalism.
- Conduct local procurements and manage the entire procurement cycle, including but not limited to sourcing for bids, analysis, issue of Purchase orders, expediting orders, receipt of orders, inspection, verification of invoices and processing of payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the organization with the suppliers.
- Ensure the procurement policy is adhered to for all purchases at Evidence Action and liaise with the Associate Manager, Operations or any revisions and updates needed.
- Implement an annual planning process to streamline repetitive procurement of goods to increase competitive tendering and internal processes.
- Prepare Country procurement status reports to reconcile with the procurement plan and report on any deviation.
- In collaboration with the Associate Manager Operations, enforce the mainstreaming of procurement best practices across the organization to enhance efficient and timely servicing of procurement requests.
- Review the existing SOPs for procurement , recommend changes and once approved supporting in enforcing compliance of the same across the organization.
- Lead in the annual supplier prequalification process ensuring that the process is conducted professionally and in a timely manner and all documentations needed for the process are updated and supplier records properly filled in an organized and efficient manner.
- To participate in the tendering processes to manage tender lists, manage the dispatch of tender documentation and quotations in accordance with the governing laws and coordinate responses to tender enquiries as appropriate.
- Maintain and Manage the NTSA portal on behalf of EA Kenya.
b) Procurement Documentation:
- Take charge of the necessary relevant procurement documents including but not limited to quotes, LPOs, supplier invoices, Supplier statement, Kenya revenue Pins, approved bank details , supplier contact info and any other documentation that may be required and hand over the same to the Finance team- Payables to support financial transactions between the organization and its suppliers.
- Ensure a centralized and uptodate supplier database containing key supplier information.
- Ensure all payment requests are submitted in a timely manner and update the payment trackers on time
- Support the procurement team in the preparation of RFQs , organizing and maintaining the box filling system for the Kenya procurement.
- Support the procurement team in buying/sourcing of all program supplies within the approved timelines and standards
- In collaboration with the procurement team , support with preparation of supplier contracts , CSI Reports and ensuring new suppliers are updated in the supplier database.
- Provide monthly reports to Associate Manager Operations on procurement KPI’s against internal user targets to ensure alignment.
c) Vendor Management:
- Identify and negotiate with suppliers to ensure transparent and cost-effective sourcing
- Ensure that the vendors are compliant with the Organizational policies and procedures put in place. E.g. CSI Checks etc.
- Preparation of vendor contracts, amendments to existing contracts and other contract management requirements.
- Act as the focal person for communication with the vendors on behalf of Evidence Action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Supply chain management .
- At least CIPS level 4 will be an added advantage,
- Membership of KISM
- Atleast 3-4 years experience having supported in a similar position in an organization with operations similar to Evidence Action.
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory environment, including knowledge of customs clearance and importing processes.
- Knowledge and a strong understanding of the Public Procurement Act (2005) laws of Kenya.
- MUST be Proficient in Microsoft Office programs particularly Excel
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail.
Manager, Employee Relations & Compliance
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide advice and counsel to the regional HR Team and on all employee relations issues.
- Ensure ER issues and concerns are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Evidence Action values, policies, and appropriate local employment laws.
- Track various service requests of employees and the implementation of the approved decision, including but not limited to probation completion, extended medical leave, performance improvement programs and other ad-hoc requests and process these requests in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the preparation and processing of all types of documents related to employee relations, in compliance with approved guidelines and policies in a timely manner.
- Take lead in the development, implementation and review of HR policies, procedures and systems in relation to disciplinary procedures and performance management.
- Ensure proper documentation of e-files related to employee relations like Memos, disciplinary letters, etc. to retrieve them as needed.
- Develop response specifications, reviews output and finalize submission of the employee relations queries raised and provide a unified (system-wide) response to their queries.
- Assists with the identification and development of an employee relations database that will provide policy, performance, and compliance reports and metrics to improve the Employee Services function
- Support in conducting exit interviews for departing employees to ensure that the valid reasons are captured by HR through the process.
- Advise and act on disciplinary matters in accordance with the Employment laws and established policies and procedures including Termination of Appointment.
- Supporting in developing materials for the effective management of employees for Managers/supervisors
- Interrelate with line managers with a view to settling employee grievances and conflicts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Humanities, Sociology or a related field additional HR certification will be an added advantage
- At least s5+ Years’ experience in HR with at least 3 of these being in an Employee relations specialist role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of good and dynamic HR practices in employee relations and performance management
- Good understanding of employment legislation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of HR best practices.
- Technologically proficient in use of technology to communicate effectively & professionally.
- Excellent analytical and data management skills.
- Results oriented and strong attention to details.
- Passionate, highly self – motivated, energetic and enthusiastic team player.
- Membership to IHRM
- INGO experience will be an added advantage
Associate Director, Operations
Duties and responsibilities:
General Management & Leadership
- Lead development of the region’s operations strategy, with a particular focus on enabling growth and mitigating operational risk in close coordination with country leads.
- Lead the development, review, and maintenance of regional operations, IT, and procurement goals, objectives, and operating procedures ensuring that these include clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, direction and functional guidance to the operations team including setting team and individual objectives.
- Ensure quality staff hires in the unit with high performance of direct reports
- Promote a culture of high performance, high quality and continuous improvement that values learning and feedback;
- Responsible for developing/refining and regularly reporting on key performance indicators and metrics to management concerning the regional operations support activities and capacity/gaps.
- Work in close coordination with the country and departmental leadership and remain responsive to their needs;
- Provide leadership in identifying, evaluating, and recommending operations related projects to improve process efficiency.
- Foster a culture that encourages creativity, proactive solutions, accountability, and results.
- Ensure team and individual recognition.
- Direct the training of country office administration and operations teams to ensure they remain up-to-date on best practices and company policy and procedure requirements.
- Provide timely inputs to senior management on team performance and highlighting challenges with any team members.
- Ensure staff are proactively trained on all key operational policies, systems, and processes required to effectively and appropriately conduct their roles and responsibilities. These include policies and practices on information management, inventory management, etc. Seek opportunities to reinforce and monitor adherence to operational policies, systems, and processes as needed.
- Actively work with regional leadership, country leads, and the regional operations manager to assess risk and develop mitigation strategies to operational risks in accordance with the organizations risk framework and practices.
- Provide leadership in managing sensitive relationships and negotiations with key vendors, including landlords, key service providers, etc.
- Guide and support the Regional Operations Manager in liaising with country leads and country operations capacity to ensure:
- office lease agreements are being tracked and effectively managed
- office budgets are being tracked and adhered to
- asset registers are being actively and appropriately managed
- requisite company insurances are in place and reviewed/updated regularly
- vehicle pools are actively being managed in a cost-effective manner
- administrative services are provided efficiently and effectively
- all requisite workplace safety and security are being adhered to
- emergency management and threat monitoring protocols are in place
- Work closely with the Regional Director, Finance and Administration to track and actively manage country level registrations and governance requirements
- Work closely with country leadership to review, update, or establish operations systems for all country offices and provide appropriate training on those systems
- Provide leadership to the IT Manager in ensuring understanding of and compliance to the Global IT policy across the region.
- Provide leadership in reviewing and establishing regional IT SoPs for the provision of IT support and maintenance in the region and monitoring their implementation.
- Provide leadership in reviewing and updating SoPs for service and maintenance of IT equipment in the region
- Actively work with regional leadership and country leads to assess the IT needs in the region and develop appropriate plans and budgets to address any gaps in consultation with the global IT team.
- Oversee the Procurement Manager in the formulation and updating of existing procurement policies and procedures, and monitoring their implementation.
- Provide leadership in reviewing and establishing robust vendor due diligence procedures.
- Provide guidance to the regional and country operations teams in sourcing cost-effective services and holding vendors accountable.
- Provide leadership and guidance in management of annual procurement planning with a focus on ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide leadership in managing sensitive relationships and negotiations with key vendors, including landlords, key service providers, etc. to ensure excellent service provision and cost-effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in continually assessing the organization’s procurement needs for the Africa region and developing plans and budgets to address any gaps.
- Minimum Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience in the of Google Suite applications as well as in handling of web-based management systems is desirable
- A Minimum of 7yrs work experience in a position with similar responsibilities in a multi-national organization.
- 5 years of experience working with international organizations, managing a mid-size team of experienced professionals across locations;
- Self-directed and self-motivating personality, with proven ability to manage demands from multiple clients while adhering to deadlines and priorities;
- Highly motivated to achieve exceptional quality of results, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Associate Director, Internal Audit
The Internal Auditor position is a new position within the organization. Reporting to the Regional Director, Africa Region, the position will lead the establishment of the function in close coordination with the Chief Financial Officer and the Director Finance & Operations – Africa Region. This includes developing applicable operating procedures, standards and tools for the internal audit function, as well as annual, risk-based work plans. The position will be responsible for the examination and analysis of financial, operational, and programmatic policies and procedures to evaluate relevant risks, determine if internal controls are appropriate and being applied correctly, and prepare reports with recommendations to manage risk and improve performance for identified countries, programs and departments. The Internal Auditor will also conduct investigations related to loss, financial and programmatic fraud, and corruption in coordination with Human Resources.
- Lead Internal Audit planning including the preparation of detailed audit work plans for each department, country, and field office in coordination with CFO, and Regional Director, Africa with the scope, objectives and procedures based on an evaluation of applicable risks.
- Conduct testing and analysis of specified areas identified in work plan by conducting interviews, reviewing processes, and using samples and other data to ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures and best practice. This will require travel to field offices.
- Draft comprehensive and complete reports including the results from the audit reviews assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and adherence to these, identify areas for improvement and any reportable issues that need to be elevated to management for actioning in addition to the associated risk.
- Verbally present results to country and regional management to obtain responses on the findings and alignment of the actions to address such findings.
- In collaboration with regional department leads and country directors, identify and recommend ways to increase efficiencies of processes and internal controls.
- Develop tools to track audit data and ensure that follow up actions are performed as agreed
- Draft Internal Audit reports and dashboards for leadership.
- Conduct investigations related to loss, financial and programmatic fraud, and corruption in coordination with Human Resources.
- Build trust and a positive relationship at all levels of the organization by approaching the work with a spirit of collaboration and collective improvement to advance Evidence Action’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Tactfully follow-up on agreed upon recommendations.
- Escalate higher level issues to CFAO and Regional Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields. A masters degree would be an added advantage.
- Certification in internal auditing is a plus
- Four to five years of experience in internal auditing in international non-government organization.
- High level of data analytical skill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in conducting investigations a plus
- Ability to remain objective and independent