Exciting Mechanical Engineer Career Opportunity
Our client, a leading Plastics Manufacturing firm based along Mombasa Road seeks to recruit a dynamic, results oriented energetic and self-driven individual for the Position of Mechanical Engineer.
Job title: Mechanical Engineer
Salary Range: Kshs 120,000/= Gross
Reports to: Factory Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Number of Positions: 0ne (1) Position
Duties and responsibilities
- Schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all mechanical equipment, components, and installations
- Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
- Ensure that equipments are in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
- Installation of fresh mechanical components and fittings
- Recommend replacement for old or faulty mechanical components or fittings to the management
- Assist in forecasting requirements, creating a budget and scheduling expenses for the mechanical department
- Keep record of all stock and supplies, including company’s mechanical equipment
- Working in collaboration with the production team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process
- Perform energy audit and recommend alternative sources of energy
- Help the organization to reduce energy costs
- Ensure that all mechanical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily
- Fix and maintain lighting fixtures and fittings
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services
- Ensure that all documentation and procedures are followed in line with ISO
- Sourcing of spares and services from different suppliers/distributors to ensure their availability to ensure minimum downtime on machinery, plant and equipment.
- Carrying out quality inspections on mechanical jobs
- Evaluating job cards and optimal resource utilization, response time monitoring.
- Arranging third party contractors for jobs that cannot be handled in-house.
- Comply with corporate standards and applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Establish goals and objectives for the mechanical team that are aligned with production and business goals.
- Ensures equipments are properly maintained to meet production schedules and quality standards.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Initiates and drives improvements via training programs, capital projects, and other means available to continually focus on productivity and control of maintenance and capital spend.
- Analyze mechanical problems, devises and implement corrective action plans.
- Evaluate employee’s performance to determine training needs and development opportunities.
Person Specification (Qualifications and relevant work experience)
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field from a recognized institution.
- At least three (5) to eight (8) years’ experience in a manufacturing company as an industrial Electrician/Electronics Engineer
- Experience in Plastic manufacturing industry an added advantage
- Knowledge of injection and blow machines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a good verbal & written communication skills.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in Mechanical Engineering, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
The Talent & Human Capital Lead
Esquire Consultants Limited.
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Via our placement email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is 27th October 2022.
Shortlisting will be carried out on a rolling basis as applications stream in.
Only shortlisting candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us by 7th November 2022, consider your application unsuccessful.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.